Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
veteran
veteran
B
Jazz's V.2
Jazz, can't thank you enough for your efforts. While I liked the colors of your first version (I may be a minority here), I like the second version better overall -- I find it much easier to read. Great job.!!

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Tsuwm: I assumed that anu's picture was just a placeholder for whomever the upcoming chat guest was to be (thus the phoney date). correct me if I'm wrong, jazzo!

Yes, this is true, and the little box labelled chat could be used for something else, such as a brief about Anagrams.

Fiberbabe: The summer after I graduated from high school, I worked in a fabric store...

Well, my real jobs are working at a little shaved ice (sno cone type things) business down by the Loveland bike trail and working on the new website for my (former) school district.

Byb: I liked the colors of your first version (I may be a minority here)

If it would be preferred, I could fairly easily incorporate the colors on the first design into the second.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
JazzO, Either of the designs is fine by me, especially if I don't have to do anything to instantiate them. Well done.

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
addict
addict
Jazz, I really like the second look. Well done!

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
My vote : the second.
Re Anu's picture : couldn't a thumbnail be put in somewhere...?...in the flag, fer' instance -- after all he IS the Wordmith.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jazz-O - Any updates on what can/can't be done from our collection of suggestions?

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
In e-mail Anu confirmed to me that there is little he can change with the board options other than color schemes, so some of the suggestions can't be incorporated. He did, though, think that it would be a good idea to add a section for the helpful hints.

Other than that, we're still collaborating on a design.

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Don't know if this lies within the practicable possibilities of the software, but I would DEARLY like a change to the Search capabilities. The trouble is that even when you have located the specific post you were looking for, locating the thread which contains it can be a nightmare since it probably has a different title, and as they are stored only by 'last access' and the info you have from the search function is the 'creation date'.

So what I would like is the addition of a 'view by creation date' for all threads, toggled between this and normal mode. Alternatively, I woud look for extra info with the found material on a Search: tell me what the title of the thread is, not just where it's stored.

As this coming year's coracle of chat slides over the Niagara Falls of verbiage, this ability to dig out reference to previous discussions with greater ease will become more important, I think.

EDIT: Do'h! Just realised for the first time that I can achieve what I want, by opening the post after the search, then clicking on the toggle to flat-mode display. Sometimes even just asking the question makes the brain actually work!

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I have mentioned previously that it would be very nice to access to past sent PMs, to avoid embarrassing inability to recall what I said to whom. Also I suspect that I am not the only one ignorant about some of the terminology used about threads, flat vs threaded, causes of "wide screen syndrome" etc. A discussion of these topics ought be included in instructions for inexperienced members.I remind myself of the poor soul turned down for promotion because he had had one year's experience twenty times.

J
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
J
Ok, blokes, we've got a couple more designs to look at. Anu wants to possibly implement the new design on July 20.

Here's what we have so far:

1: http://home.att.net/~lovelandjazz/wordsmith/index.html
The first one I showed you. Ten images on front page.

2, b: http://home.att.net/~lovelandjazz/wordsmith/index2.html
This is a modification on the second one, now in HTML format. It incorporates some of the suggestions made here. My favorite so far. Six images on front page.

3: http://home.att.net/~lovelandjazz/wordsmith/anu.html
This one was made by Anu with coloration and a few changes made by me. Fastest load time. One image on front page (a 1x1 pixel for spacing purposes.)

Now we just wait for comment from Anu

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith