About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#31987 06/21/01 09:38 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>You seem to be reacting like the closed clique of archaeologists who refuse to even read the book, which I found entirely convincing.

not at all. my reaction was to reading the two links, which I found entirely unconvincing. ::shrug::

#31988 06/21/01 09:49 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear tsuwm: I read the book very carefully. Naturally more of his arguments were presented there. I did not find a single argument I could refute. His style unfortunately was a bit reminiscent of some zealots and cranks. And to my satisfaction he anwered any reasonable objction to his theory. Marianna remembers reading a book about one of the blocks being broken open an unmistakeable signs of its having been cast being found. And it explains how the logistics of the casting theory make much more sense than the idea of hauling all those blocks from miles away, hoisting them hundreds of feet up from the river, and hauling them up a slope to final position. I do not see how any reasonable person who read Davidovitz' book could fail to accept his arguments.

#31989 06/21/01 10:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
well, I haven't read his book, but then it might not be worth my while, seeing as how I'm just an ol' nullifidian.

#31990 06/21/01 11:36 PM
W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear tsuwm: Marianna sent me a very long PM about the Pyramid problem written by an authority in the field. I quote only the punch line:

I favour Morris' & Davidovits' theory simply because there is so much more
evidence supporting it.

#31991 06/22/01 04:23 AM
R
R
the guilty sense of dissipated sinfulness which followed pretty much approximated what I now suppose (from books I have read of course) post-coital tristesse to be

That's what I love about this Board. I make a subtly suggestive and erudite inquiry about a linguistically beguiling subject, and the thread immediately unravels into an arid discussion on - wait for it - cement.

#31992 06/22/01 05:35 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Atlantis, Mu

One of the best books I've read on Atlantis, Jazzo, was Charles's Berlitz's The Mystery of Atlantis, a comprehensive exploration of every theory ever proposed that still leaves the door open at the end. A fascinating read.

And, wwh, I found James Churchward's series of books on Mu, The Lost Continent of Mu, The Sacred Symbols of Mu, etc.to be intriguing and well-researched. Certainly not the scribblings of some money-hungry crackpot scientist at the turn of the 20th century, by any means! He was definitely on to something. I would recommend Churchward's books to anybody.

Personally, I believe the true knowledge of these ancient, mythical, and mysterious kingdoms (or, at least, the true clues as to how their legends arose) was destroyed with so much other irreplaceable wisom of the ancient world when the Library of Alexandria was torched, all for one day's act of war. How sad and infuriating. Who knows, perhaps the secrets to the roots of alchemy (even to The Philosopher's Stone) were lost that day! Once the written works were gone the High Priests would keep the knowledge to themselves, as was the custom then, and not pass it along to the common people, or even to the ruling class...they passed it only to other High Priests of the same sect, until, eventually, it went to the grave with them.

I find the theory of the manufacturing of the Pyramid blocks fascinating and extremely plausible...moreso than the vision of multitudes hauling this huge tonnage vast distances. I'll have to delve into it more!

#31993 06/22/01 01:09 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
extremely plausible...moreso than the vision of multitudes hauling this huge tonnage vast distances

Scuse me? Hate to break in on this fascinating discussion, but a small particle of elementary physics still applies in these crackpot alternate universes: mortar/concrete = solids + water + evaporation. Therefore any fabricated or cast blockwork mass will have entailed bringing a greater initial mass to the construction site, not a lesser!

#31994 06/22/01 02:28 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
mortar/concrete...bringing a greater initial mass to the worksite

Sure, mav...but they could have broken it up into smaller quantities to haul it in wagonloads, instead of having to maneuver those huge, awkward, heavy blocks of stone from vast, or even short, distances.

these crackpot alternate universes

So the pyramids are just an illusion?

#31995 06/22/01 02:39 PM
R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
However, there can be no doubt that the technology to conduct heavy haulage over long distances existed a very long time ago. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that the monliths of Stonehenge are made of concrete - indeed, the stone of which they are definitely made has been indentified as coming from mav's back yard, (relatively speaking, of course ) which is over a hundred miles away, I would guess.

Is there any other evidence of the knowledge of concrete technology in ancient times?

#31996 06/22/01 02:41 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
So the pyramids are just an illusion?

No. The only illusion I notice is the desperate search for improbable 'answers' to questions that don't really exist. All around the globe, from every age of mankind's history, there are vast monoliths raised by the power we exert as hive creatures with individual brains. That's what we do.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,316
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 342 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,533
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith