But since the US has just gone though an "incident" with China, sort of segueing on from bushonics, I thought I would share an old TRUE story from a similar UK incident many years ago. Michael Bentine (one of the original Goons and sadly no longer with us) had a TV show called "It's a Square World" which had surreal and Goonesque sketches. One such sketch had a small Chinese Junk on the Thames by the Houses of Parliament, catapulting polystyrene boulders onto the terrace at the Houses of Parliament. Sensibly enough they had obtained permission from the Officer of Works (or who ever handles that sort of thing at H. of P.) ** However they had neglected to mention this exercise to the police. So there they are, Chinese crew in Chinese Junk, throwing missiles at the H. of P. when along comes a police launch, which circles them a couple of times, and then an officer calls to them through a megaphone "Does anyone on board speak English?"

I love it, I love it! And I remember seeing it years ago (as a rerun). But I wish they'd filmed the police launch arriving. That would have been truly Pythonesque!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...