Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
On the positive side my choices indicated I am truthfull, so rather than lie about my order of choices I will leave now.
wow

I came back to edit this post because I discovered there was more to paragraph one than showed up on my screen ... ooops. Off again to re-take the test. (To anyone who cares : stand by.)
wow

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Did anyone else see this???

----------- TEST ------------
"The Sheriff of Nottingham captured Little John and Robin Hood and imprisoned them in his maximum-security dungeon. Maid

Marion confessed the truth, and was bewildered when Robin abused her, calling her a slut, and saying that he never wanted to see her again. At this, Little John defended her, inviting her to leave Sherwood with him and promising long devotion. She accepted and they rode away together.

I was ready to post a scathing reply that y'all were assuming a reason for their release.

Something wrong with my download... but when I copied it to quote it, the rest of your "assumptions" were proven

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes... i saw even less of it; mine ended in "maximum sec" and i had to copy it to wordpad to read it at all. glad to know i wasn't alone.

for another interesting personality test, check out http://passionup.com/fun/fun430.htm

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
I scored Little John first, Robin and Marion equal second, and the Sherriff fourth.

I was rather flummoxed by the lack of data given upon which to make any judgment. What did she confess? That aside, shanks' ranking is basically mine own. The one thing I did learn from the exercise is the extent to which shrinks hate the idea that someone might be reasonably well-adjusted.

W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
With the full first graph of the anecdote in hand, I re-took the test.
The test maintains I am :
happy, well-balanced ..like people .. question if many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.
(Women) You will expect high standards form the men to whom you give your love.

You betcha' boots ... and not just the form, the substance and application as well!
wow

M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
I tried editing my post, but got an "internal server error." Here is what I wanted to add:

I ranked them only on the snippet that tsuwm posted. After reading the whole test, I was more confused than ever. If personal morality is important, it seems that only Little John followed Shakespeare's advice, "to thine own self be true." Robin comes across as an unforgiving, overly judgmental B'stard, while Marion's behaviour suggests morality is subordinate to expediency, and so I would score them LJ 1st, all others last equal.

tsuwm Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
is there something missing or malformatted in the "test" as pasted? if so, I can go back and try to fix....

#23590 03/19/01 07:50 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Tsuwm, what I believe to be the entire text of the story appears in your first post about it, and has since you first posted it. The problem is somewhere along network lines, and seems to be limited to certain users.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Max, can you explain to me how your view of Marion's behavior is different than Robin's?

Would you "forgive her?" (but not forget?) Or do you agree with Robin-- only you wouldn't have called her a slut to her face (just behind her back?)

Marion had a chance to make a difference-- at personal cost--she put her companions comfort and freedom above herself-- she didn't sleep with the sheriff to get herself out -- but to get Robin and John out too.

If i could save the world by lieing down with the devil-- what would be the right thing to do? Value myself more than the world? -- Is that moral?

F
addict
addict
F
Personally, I think that Marion's lack of morality lies (lays) in the fact that she was willing to sleep with the Sheriff despite her love for Robin. To my way of thinking, she has violated their trust, even if she has no feelings for the Sheriff. It's like the argument posed in that movie with Demi Moore and Robert Redford for a few years back: is it OK to sleep with someone for a million dollars as long as you don't "mean it"? Of course Robin's reaction makes him even less "morally correct" than Marion in the end.

Flatlander

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith