Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#21236 03/06/01 03:21 AM
M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
I don't know if this idea has been mentioned already, but it occurred to me that AWADabilia would be a good place for any celebratory recipes planned for the big anniverssary. Also if anyone were so inclined, they could upload a jpeg of the finished product, to add to the party atmosphere. In order to make sure that AWADabilia is always accessible, I have cloned it at http://www.idrive.com. Same username and password. I have found that Myspace servers are often down, and so having an alternate location seemed to make sense. Also, I think that idrive lets one upload and download files without insisting on installing intrusive little applets. Let the bake-off begin!

P.S. There is now a shot of the sunshine warrior in Rogue's Gallery.

addendum In case anyone is going to post recipes to AWADabilia, I have uploaded a metric/imperial conversion tool to the idrive location (Myspace was down again) This little tool is very useful, particularly given the risks inherent in attempting to cook things at X degrees Celsius where X was originally given in Fahrenheit!

#21237 03/07/01 04:07 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Max, your tireless efforts on behalf of the Board are noted with much pleasure and gratitude.

idrive is a bit slower (well, maybe the information has to travel further?) than driveway, but never mind.

C'mon you slugs (see the thread on offal), follow shanks' example and put your piccies up so that we can all have a face in mind when we're posting or replying to a post! Beauty is not a requirement - as you will see/have seen when you look at my contribution in the Rogues' Gallery!

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#21238 03/07/01 05:47 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Love the pictures, guys, but not all of us can contribute. I, for one, don't have a computer scanner or a digital camera. Shoot, we hardly ever have old-fashioned photos about: when the school asks for pictures (like last week, when my older son was "student of the week"), we are ascramble to comply. Several times, in lieu of photos, I have sketched the family members.

#21239 03/07/01 05:59 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
. I, for one, don't have a computer scanner or a digital camera.

Almost any major photography shop in Zild these days has the ability to scan a photo digitally and present you with a nice, new, shiny disc or CD complete with scanned image. Surely the US isn't behind us techanogicly? Perish the thought [giggle, giggle emoticon]

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#21240 03/07/01 06:09 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
You are right, no doubt, Capital, ... er, if you'll just stop giggling long enough ... there is some place within a block of my office which will scan a picture for me ... I said, stop it, CK ... leaving me with the issues of (1) do I need any particular software to upload the digital photo ... CK, stop giggling, I know my ignorance is funny ... and (2) I still have to find my camera, get some film, take the picture, fill up the roll, get the picture developed (this could take months) ... CK, don't choke, now, take deep breaths and wipe those tears from your eyes ...

#21241 03/07/01 06:14 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
See now Sparteye, you have just exactly demonstrated why I don't use a regular camera anymore. I would take two pictures then if I wanted to see them, I'd have to finish the roll by taking picture of my dog. I think I have some 1000 pictures of my dog .

#21242 03/07/01 06:24 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Max, you are a true gentleman for taking the time and spending the effort to make the picture space available.
I have to pass, though, {Teary emoticon, sniff, sniff} I cannot figure the scanner out even though I've tried numerous times ... and up/download is something I've never mastered. I hope a computer literate friend will visit this year and perhaps may be be imposed on to clue me in.
Meanwhile I shall view from a distance turning green all the while
wow

#21243 03/07/01 07:03 PM
Uh - I'm having a 'senior moment' and cannot remember where to find that user name and password info [feeling really silly emoticon] - could someone please repeat it on this thread for me or send it via a private message? Thanks!

Shoshannah

suzanne pomeranz, tourism consultant jerusalem, israel - suztours@gmail.com
#21244 03/07/01 07:09 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
M
idrive is a bit slower (well, maybe the information has to travel further?) than driveway, but never mind.

Tell me about it! I have tried about half-a-dozen web styorage facilities, and driveway was easily the best. It was reliable, simple, and quick, and so of course, it went belly-up. It was the first time the bursting of the dotcom bubble touched me personally.

#21245 03/07/01 07:11 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Or you could just run to your local Kmart, wal mart, costco or any other major outlet, and when getting film developed, chip in an extra $5 and get all you photo's also on a disk-- its cheaper and easier than getting one or two scanned-- and then you can print at will, or just have them for wallpaper for you PC, or set up on line photo gallery. (disks are cheaper than CD's, and its easier to edit out bad shots..., on the other hand, CD's are more safer, and harder to damage.)

You still get hard copy photo's, but in effect all reprint are free (depending on your printer) -- my current employer has a resourse room for such non work stuff-- and while there is no limit, usage is tracked. My last employer had a similar policy-- your time and # of prints with color printer was tracked-- and so long as you didn't stand out, it was OK. (he also tracked phone calls-- and gave everyone a copy of their calls, and managers got copies of their employees calls. Not to many people got "called in" for making to many calls, or too long a call, but the reports were handed out every 3 to 6 months, and our phone bill always dropped the month after the report!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 688 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith