Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 59 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 58 59
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Maybe it should have been "not a very large or generous organization" instead of what's there.

Are you refering to Georg Friedrich Händel? Or George Friedric Handel?

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Yes. Both. Neither. All of the above. Some other combination.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I think, and I have for some time been thinking this, but cant get it straight....that there is an Onamography to be solved here crazy

If someone could just post it, by itself, I might have a better chance of working it out!

Wolfa!

Candy #194872 12/12/10 02:27 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Quote:
…our annual Messiah performance goes up on Saturday, rehearsals all week...no time to spare. The sponsoring body is named Music Worcester, a relatively large organization, but I'm afraid it's going to produce
Quote:
...insert "pictures of red Eric Kunstler conducting" into my after-rehearsal babbling a few posts above, somewhere between the large organization and the small audience…
a small audience this year.

You did right to continue on without me. (But if you search, and eliminate all the extraneous stuff, I did squeeze in a very primitive onnicle here.)

The medium is the message!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted By: wofahulicodoc
[Quote]…

The medium is the message!

You were just tooooo clever, hiding it in there. the post made complete sense too me...I wasn't looking at it as part of the game.

Good capture Bran

Candy #195331 12/27/10 05:37 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah

I watched the musical Sweeney Todd the other day and loved it. But how can that be, when it was a horror and the main theme running though it was cannibalism...oh, and love lost. A story of revenge.

Below is new OMINICLE to be solved....a quorum of 12.

I had a vague recollection of having heard my friend, Olivera Markwick, speak of a hair-raising ordeal she had once while driving a taxicab. A retired doctor from the infirmary, popp in shortly after a lunatic had escaped from custody and held several patients hostage. The psychic, a goliath of a man, thought he was bulletproof. American police quickly evacuated the west side. Story-lines in the papers were full of how the assassin gin' in the raincoat had been captured. Much praise went to, my friend but she said she did little,
the chummy, fair ladykiller had calmly flagged down the taxi and got in the back seat, she recognised him straight away from the pictures broadcast hourly on the TV. As the sound of death metal music blared from the speakers, she devised a plan and speed away, breaking as many traffic laws as possible, hoping to get the right attention, while seemingly doing as the yeggman ordered. Now she was able to breathe a sigh of relief as Super, WI Zardo Fozzil, locked the handcuffs on the hapless captive, ratcheting them tighter to insure escape this time was impossible. And she felt like a vigintillion king after getting the reward.

Candy #195341 12/28/10 02:16 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Oliver
Hair
Cabaret - nicely hidden!
Taxi
Mary Poppins
Fame

West Side Story
Singin' in the Rain
My Fair Lady
[Broadcast Hour]
Taxi (again)
[Gasman]
[Hey, Eggman!]
Wizard of Oz
[Vera]
Lion King

I think that's all twelve, plus four random Infinite Monkeys just happened to be there. (I was looking for Rent, but couldn't find it, so I tore my garments.)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
wonderful effort Wofa, and so quick too.
it took me most of yesterday morning, on and off to fit the words into a 'some what' believable story...how did you rate my effort?

yes Cabaret was right for the hiding..... I think the combination of consonants and vowels helped.

is TAXI a musical?

well there are two more I put in, shall I reveal them?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted By: wofahulicodoc
........ (I was looking for Rent, but couldn't find it, so I tore my garments.)

RENT.....well if only I had known of it.

Funnily enough...I watched 'La bohème' on TV on Xmas Day and then read up on the story later on the internet....but I didn't see any reference to the musical.

Candy #195350 12/28/10 03:53 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I'd say leave them a little longer for someone else to have fun with.

And no, Taxi isn't a movie. The Eggman is something out of the Beatles, no? More of the Infinite Number of Monkeys rearing their ugly heads.

How do we make these things? and how do we spot the hidden words? Opposite sides of the same coin, I would say.

One hint is to find a nonsense word, like Fozzil or WI Zardo; that beckons: "Look here for a word fragment!" "Chummy fair ladykiller" was another.

Dividing the word helps a lot. "Olivera" and Hair were intact, easy to spot as long as you know those are names of shows. "Cab-a-ret" was split and flowed naturally, as you point out. The elegance of the puzzle may be enhanced by selecting the target with this in mind. Like my hunt for Rent. (Maybe we can get our children to pay it? Also, I'd like my kids to live really close to me,** even after they've grown up and moved out...Each airplane ride to visit makes me nervous.)

When I did my George Frederick Handel it was much easier. (Had to be, as I said, I don't have much imagination.) I had only three words to sneak into a longer conversation. Even there, the business of "of red Eric Kunstler" was awkward, arbitrary-sounding, and alerting, if you turn on your incongruity sensors...

**(divided even more fiendishly - Have you ever visited Tripoli? Very friendly city, in spite of its history and the Barbary Pirates...)

Page 50 of 59 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 58 59

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith