About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 59 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 58 59
old hand
old hand
Dear Becky –
We’re having an absolute blast here in Portland, Oregon. Every day we’ve visited pubs, toured breweries and wineries! I tell you, once I get home from this alcoholic lark I’m going on a diet for sure! I have eaten too much, drunken too much and it shows! Ah, but the seafood is fabulous! Stuffed sole, pecan-crusted halibut, alder-planked salmon, and the most superb oysters I’ve ever tasted! And just the right wines and microbrews to pair with them. Last night I drank too much of a delicious dark ale – like a stout but with tasty roasted malts and a hoppy finish. You would have loved it. We were at The Lucky Labrador last night and will go there again tonight. Hope I still have liver function by the end of this trip! Wish you were here.

Love,
Sis

The three names of a fictional person are hidden herein.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Spoiler alert: I put my tentative answer in white. C-bean, I put a question for you.

We’re having an absolute blast here in Portland, Oregon. Every day we’ve visited pubs, toured breweries and wineries! I tell you, once I get home from this alcoholic lark I’m going on a diet for sure! I have eaten too much, drunken too much and it shows! Ah, but the seafood is fabulous! Stuffed sole, pecan-crusted halibut, alder-planked salmon, and the most superb oysters I’ve ever tasted!
Boy??

Jackie #193982 11/12/10 03:10 AM
W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
Yup. And the other name is from before he emigrated! I think you overlooked that one, Jackie. You shouldn't have passed on the dark ale, let alone the stout.

old hand
old hand
Theres one more I can see there Jackie wink

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
C'mere, you two: I have something for each of you.

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W

wink

addict
addict
Clark Kent, Super Boy, and Kal-el?

(I hope I'm not violating some new protocol. I've been away for a while, and I don't get the white lettering...)

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
addict
addict
Just in case it's my turn (and before the subject matter turns stale) here's one:

“So it’s Veterans’ Day, is it?” said the old man in the retirement home after spitting his quid into a potted plant.

“Yes, it is,” replied the nurse, “and I told you not to spit all over the place. That’s why I gave you that jar.”

Headstrong as ever, the old man grunted his disdain. “In my day,” he said, “I was a warrior. Whenever I wanted to, I just let fly. Boys looked up to me in that uniform; men stepped aside when I walked by. And the women! Some gal would wink at me, I’d sidle over and nibble at her neck, and before you knew it we’d... well, I’m sure you get the picture.”

“Don’t start! I get the picture, ok, but today we have professional soldiers and sailors, marines and airmen. Nobody calls them warriors anymore.”

“Well, I was a warrior, dammit, and we were called a lot worse than that.”

In fact , there are six slang names for GI’s in this puzzle in honor of our veterans, who were and are warriors in the ancient tradition no matter what we may call them.

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
you could be right Beck

I found this too

and microbrews to pair with them. Last night I drank too much of a delicious dark ale – like a stout but with tasty roasted malts and a hoppy finish. You would have loved it. We were at The Lucky Labrador last night and will go there again tonight. Hope I still have liver function by the end of this trip! Wish you were here.

Robin Hood

and I looked everywhere for Lois Lane....there were so many 'L's'
but I didn't find 'er.

Last edited by Candy; 11/14/10 01:05 AM.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted By: beck123
Clark Kent, Super Boy, and Kal-el?

(I hope I'm not violating some new protocol. I've been away for a while, and I don't get the white lettering...)

The white lettering is so....well just in case someone doesn't want to spoil the results for others. you can or don't have to look. Its hidden but visible if you want to see it.

Page 45 of 59 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 58 59

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith