Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 59 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 58 59
addict
addict
Of course, the instrument in question is the cello:

PABLO CASALS!

Onnicle: She’s an actress - the first to play Bo Peep, as far as I know. She was born in Nashville, but she - in Nashville garb - would be unrecognizable to her current fans.

(Hidden) Clues: She almost had a part in a Tolstoy story, too, but that went bust. (Er, so we used to say. I’m sure no women today would have designs on a man that used that expression.)

(The clues are hidden, because the Onnicle itself is straightforward and factual.)

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
M
M
Annie Potts who was on Designing Women

Onnicle: A large orgeat syrup maker had a beach vacation planned to Miami, where he wanted to jam espressos and mai-tais and kayak before the mangrove rotted.

Onniclue: The Keystone four (casually) plus two....first names only!

And finally...I'm no longer a stranger!!

addict
addict
...and "TolsTOY STORY" ... and Ghost "BUST. ER, S..."

"I don't know which is worse: ignorance or apathy. And, frankly, I don't care." - Anonymous
addict
addict
A larGE ORGEat syrup maker had A BEach vacation planned TO Miami, where he wanted to JAM ESpressos and mai-tais and kayak before the manGROVE RotTED.

Six presidents, four of whose likenesses are on Mount Rushmore!

Onnicle: His rock band exploited its own media hype terrifically. A reliably wild stage performance was his own – not someone else’s, as some critics say, but own - send-off into rock legend.

Clue: Who plays guitar like a Tommy Gun?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted By: beck123
Onnicle: His rock band exploited its own media hype terrifically. A reliably wild stage performance was his own – not someone else’s, as some critics say, but own - send-off into rock legend.

Clue: Who plays guitar like a Tommy Gun?

One of my fave groups!

Onnicle: The maestro wished to create a good impression on these people, some of the lowest in class, but highest in appreciation.

Onniclue: Not sure this person saved any lives, but the name-sake sure did!

old hand
old hand
Say - I had the answer to the Annie Potts one, but couldn't find her name in the onnicle and it threw me. Splain it to me, Lucy?

old hand
old hand
MAE WEST

Onnicle: His songs were not stirring or languid, as those of Johnny Cash were, but that was not his style. Some would say he was on a par with Elvis, starring in movies made just for him and his cohorts.

Onniclue: Always a good hair day.

old hand
old hand
Annie Potts? Was that one of mine?

old hand
old hand
No, it was Beck's

addict
addict
She’s an actress - the firST TO Play Bo Peep, as far as I know. She was born in Nashville, but shE - IN NAshville garb - would be unrecognizable to her current fans

Oops, I forgot to say "backward" in my clue

Page 15 of 59 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 58 59

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith