Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#18885 02/16/01 04:12 PM
B
veteran
veteran
B
Swine resemblance
My wife's aunt's third husband was a steel worker whose nickname was Lump-Lump. Lump was a large, heavy porcine individual who could be a lot of fun, but who was a dubious character most of the time.

On one famous occasion, he and a friend of his, named Louie, drove out to the country to see a mutual friend about some project or another, and as they were leaving, they noted a good-sized pig in an enclosure some distance from the house. Louie proposed to Lump that, since they couldn't be seen from the house, they should steal the pig. Lump was all for it, but the problem was how to transport it, since they were driving an ordinary sedan. They finally figured out that the only way they could get the pig into the car was to push it into the front seat between them (this was in the 50's and the car had the then-standard bench seat that went all the way across the front). They succeeded in getting the pig into the car and drove off.

As they were going down the road, at a fairly good clip so they could get the pig home before its absence was discovered, a police car came up behind them, lights flashing. Louie and Lump, not wanting to be found with a stolen pig, had to think fast what to do. Louie grabbed a blanket which was in the back seat and wrapped it around the pig's neck, and Lump grabbed his hat and jammed it down on the pig's head. The officer came up to the side of the car and asked to see Lump's license. After looking it over and telling Lump he was going a bit fast but he wasn't going to give him a ticket, he asked Lump, "Is that your brother on the seat beside you?" Lump replied that it was and he was feeling poorly and they were taking him home. The cop left, and they drove off, with Louie laughing so hard (he almost had a stroke trying not to laugh while the cop was within hearing range) that Lump had a hard time keeping the car on the road. Lump was so furious at being taken for the pig's brother that he stopped first chance he got and made Louie help him dump the pig in the field beside the road. He never lived down his familial resemblance.

#18886 02/18/01 09:55 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
"You Done Tore Out My Heart And Stomped That Sucker Flat"

(from memory)

You done tore out my heart
and stomped that sucker flat.
Darlin', you just sorta,
Mashed on my aorta.
You started steppin' out with other guys.
I played the part
Of a lovesick lonesome fool
Who got squashed upon his heart.

#18887 02/18/01 11:11 PM
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
How about getting to the heart and soul of the matter.

#18888 02/19/01 03:05 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
(from memory, of course!)
[music note icon]
Well, the race is on,
and here comes Cryin' up the backstretch,
Heartache a-goin' to the inside;
My Tears a-holdin' back, tryin' not to fall;
My Heart's out of the runnin',
True Love('s back?) for another day.
Well the race is on and it looks like Heartache,
and the winner loses all.
[music note icon]

#18889 03/06/01 12:33 AM
F
F
give him/her my heart
with all my heart

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith