Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
U
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
U
that's my last question on this topic, I promise.

I'm looking for a original way to express my interest in this site, for its educational value (but not only for that!) but I can't find the right words.....

maybe if you share my thought you could help me.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good, I'll be the first to take the bait in this p.i. proposition.
Me,for educational reasons in the first place, but also for the challenge. Maybe just because people were and are not always nice as pie I kept hanging on and learned: about language + that the nasty ones ( grin ) are not as bad as they seem and the pedant and arrogant ones ( who, me?) mostly know that they are and some really GOOD ones are always there to keep things in balance, but in fact: challenge.

D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D
Bran hope this of some help if you don't mind wading through it

http://onelook.com/?w=*&loc=revfp2&clue=educational+interest

dalehileman
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: BranShea
Good, I'll be the first to take the bait in this p.i. proposition.
Me,for educational reasons in the first place, but also for the challenge. Maybe just because people were and are not always nice as pie I kept hanging on and learned: about language + that the nasty ones ( grin ) are not as bad as they seem and the pedant and arrogant ones ( who, me?) mostly know that they are and some really GOOD ones are always there to keep things in balance, but in fact: challenge.

I could not agree more. I signed on to LEARN and I have learned a lot. I have also found many sites
to access, thanks to others' links. As for the nasty ones, I had many names when teaching, and few were nice.
But the students learned to spite themselves, liking me or not. Many have helped me through the situations
where arrogance seemed to prevail. And if these posters have something of value to say to me, then I read
and take it in. If they don't I just ignore them. So as Bran said: for the challenge and to learn.

----please, draw me a sheep----
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
laugh Dale, thank you kindly. I've waded through it. There might be more references of interest they said on the last * -page, but they took a hike at 2000. I found one word that might come in handy when AWAD will have have it's 17th anniversary :disintermediation - a 17 letter word.(oops, forgot to look what it means)

Last edited by BranShea; 03/12/09 07:25 PM.
D
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D
Bran thank you for that

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=disintermediation&r=66

Clearly it's a -3 but I like it very much and took note so that I might drop it into a conversation some time for the reaction

dalehileman
Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
I would have thought a -3 would be a word like um.

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 596 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith