Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The Pook #182586 02/13/09 05:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

There are always deaths, but yours' are catastrophic. Such
a calamity. Such a horrific way to die. Prayers.

----please, draw me a sheep----
old hand
old hand
They reported on NPR this morning that one person was arrested for the crime of starting one of the wildfires.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Yes, I heard that. Man's inhumanity to man. I just not conceive
how anyone could be so brutal, or even wish to be.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Yet man's inhumanity to man shows itself in just being
impolite to another.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Heinousness embodied...
the shootings yesterday: school in Germany, family in US.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's totally beyond understanding Luke. At least to me it is.

P
P
Religion may be verbotten on the forum. Nevertheless, I would propose that that the basic cause of such is the increasing lack of religion, particularly Christianity, in society. I am a graduate of that controversial, allegedly fundamentalistic school know as Bob Jones University. The founder had an illustration that he used in his preaching. He portrayed Mr. Smith, walking down a sidewalk, swinging his right arm horizontally. He encounters Mr. Jones, who asks him what he is doing. Mr. Smith says that he is exercising his personal liberty. Mr. Jones replies by reminding Mr. Smith that where Mr. Jones' nose begins, Mr. Smith's personal liberty ends. The Bible says that love is the fulfilling of the law. The law referred to is the moral law: ten basic commandments delimiting man's relationship with God and man's relationship with other men.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
those concepts were around before Christianity.

formerly known as etaoin...
old hand
old hand
...and so were the 10 commandments...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: God
11 Observe what I command you today. See, I will drive out before you the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites.

12 Take care not to make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, or it will become a snare among you.

13 You shall tear down their altars, break their pillars, and cut down their sacred poles

14 (for you shall worship no other god, because the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God).

15 You shall not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, for when they prostitute themselves to their gods and sacrifice to their gods, someone among them will invite you, and you will eat of the sacrifice.

16 And you will take wives from among their daughters for your sons, and their daughters who prostitute themselves to their gods will make your sons also prostitute themselves to their gods.

17 You shall not make cast idols.

18 You shall keep the festival of unleavened bread. For seven days you shall eat unleavened bread, as I commanded you, at the time appointed in the month of Abib; for in the month of Abib you came out from Egypt.

19 All that first opens the womb is mine, all your male livestock, the firstborn of cow and sheep.

20 The firstborn of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, or if you will not redeem it you shall break its neck. All the firstborn of your sons you shall redeem.

No one shall appear before me empty-handed.

21 For six days you shall work, but on the seventh day you shall rest; even in ploughing time and in harvest time you shall rest.

22 You shall observe the festival of weeks, the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the festival of ingathering at the turn of the year.

23 Three times in the year all your males shall appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.

24 For I will cast out nations before you, and enlarge your borders; no one shall covet your land when you go up to appear before the Lord your God three times in the year.

25 You shall not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven, and the sacrifice of the festival of the passover shall not be left until the morning.

26 The best of the first fruits of your ground you shall bring to the house of the Lord your God.

You shall not boil a kid in its mother's milk.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith