Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Uh...y'all--Dale and Luke--I don't know much about vandalism, but I think there's a reason Anu stopped using that "at" sign in the newsletter, etc. Isn't that one of the things that people set up their bots, spiders, or whatever to look for? I fear y'all're askin' to be inundated with spam.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good advice. Won't do it again. Probably will get lots of spam now, sorry. Did not know it was a 'forbidden' in the forum. I'd erase it now if I could. Is there away, I guess I will just have to live with it.

----please, draw me a sheep----
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
PS>
Can such info be listed in the private message section should one choose? (I presume that is above under "my stuff" ?

D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
Originally Posted By: Jackie
Uh...y'all--Dale and Luke--I don't know much about vandalism, but I think there's a reason Anu stopped using that "at" sign in the newsletter, etc. Isn't that one of the things that people set up their bots, spiders, or whatever to look for? I fear y'all're askin' to be inundated with spam.

Surprisingly enough Jackie I get very little Spam in spite of broadcasting dalehileman@verizon.net far and wide

dalehileman
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8
Good advice. Won't do it again. Probably will get lots of spam now, sorry. Did not know it was a 'forbidden' in the forum. I'd erase it now if I could. Is there away, I guess I will just have to live with it.

you should have an "Edit" button on the lower left part of the post?

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
etaoin:
I have the edit button located. (I am very new to computer use
and appreciate the help). I have tried to edit, but am getting no where> I struck out the email address, but that seems to be all I can do. Any suggestions?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: LukeJavan8
etaoin:
I have the edit button located. (I am very new to computer use
and appreciate the help). I have tried to edit, but am getting no where> I struck out the email address, but that seems to be all I can do. Any suggestions?

you can't just select it and delete it? strange. there may be some time limit involved, but I wouldn't think we were past that. maybe.

hmm.

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
eta, it's been my experience that with raw rookies you can't assume they'll grasp what terms like 'select' and 'delete' mean...
-ron o.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm sorry, tsuwm. As a 'raw rookie" I am only trying to learn.
When I go back to my original posting, there is no select or delete anywhere on the screen. I do need the help.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
select and delete are common editing terms. if you compare any of your posts with any other post you'll note that you have an edit button on yours. but you've discovered that. when you click the edit button, you get your post back in an edit box. by placing the flashing cursor anywhere in the edit box with your mouse (click the left mouse button to fix the insertion point) you can then insert additional text at that point, or you can delete text at that point (using the delete or backspace keys).

you can also use the mouse to select a whole string of text. this is done by holding down the left mouse button while dragging it (the mouse, that is) across the text you want to highlite (select). think of using a yellow marker in a book. when you have some text selected in this manner, you can type to replace it or just use the delete key to remove it.

-joe (this makes more sense in a classroom setting) friday

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 691 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith