Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
from your first post:

Quote:
Since my Google homepage is set to display several "daily quotations",
(emphasis added)

from what are we to infer from this?

and I repeat, it is Delancy Place that has disllusioned you, not Mr. Garg.

take your trolling elsewhere.

formerly known as etaoin...
M
addict
addict
M
Originally Posted By: latishya
The ad was in an email from Anu, read in my email client, not in my browser. It was not a Google ad, which are always identified as such.

Emails can be formed from web-pages or by processing web-pages.

I was wrong about it being a Google ad though. Those ads are supplied by calling AdSpeed not Google. Still, they are generated by an outside source.

Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
Hi Latishya,
Since you are here now - welcome to the suburbs of Sentience City.
There are a couple of good bookstores, a cyber-cafe with a great dessert menu and a wide variety of neighbours who like to chat over the web-fence. Pooper scooper laws are rigidly enforced. If you don't feel like driving the LIU train takes you into downtown Sentience in just a few minutes. The only drawback is the nearby airport, I notice things whoshing over my head on a regular basis but you get used to it and they rarely drop anything on you.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: Zed
Hi Latishya,
There are a couple of good bookstores, a cyber-cafe with a great dessert menu and a wide variety of neighbours who like to chat over the web-fence. Pooper scooper laws are rigidly enforced. If you don't feel like driving the LIU train takes you into downtown Sentience in just a few minutes. The only drawback is the nearby airport, I notice things whoshing over my head on a regular basis but you get used to it and they rarely drop anything on you.

heh.

/cheer Zed

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted By: Zed
Hi Latishya,

Thanks for the welcome. Apparently you forgot to list one other rule - any criticism of Anu Garg is trolling.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks for the welcome. Apparently you forgot to list one other rule - any criticism of Anu Garg is trolling.

and you still haven't quite gotten it that it had nothing to do with Anu, it was Delancy Place that gave you the complex.

Z
Zed Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Z
Justified critisism isn't considered trolling; it was idea of blaming innocent bystanders that got the reaction. Anyway the advertising industry would go belly up if they weren't allowed to hyperbolize.

edited for punctuation

Last edited by Zed; 01/19/08 01:19 AM.
L
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
L
Originally Posted By: etaoin

and you still haven't quite gotten it that it had nothing to do with Anu, it was Delancy Place that gave you the complex.

It's his newsletter, and he chooses the sponsors whose advertisements appear in the newsletter.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I stand by what I have written.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith