Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
veteran
veteran
T
Done.

It is now 6:23 AM Central Standard Daylight Savings Time the early morning of December 10 2007 and my bogus bonus (K) definition was sent to Mr. Hogalex exactly 37 seconds ago.

Sorry, but you other people are too late.

journeyman
journeyman
I love the idea of A. Even if it is not the right choice, there should be a word for extended musical sword dances in ballet!

old hand
old hand
I prefer a spatula to open my beer!
But B is just as creative.

A
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
A
Originally Posted By: pennyless
I love the idea of A. Even if it is not the right choice, there should be a word for extended musical sword dances in ballet!

so is that a vote for (A)?

addict
addict
I'll take Anna, please. Her choice I mean. It sounds perilously obvious but still sells. .. (D) ..

ÅΓª╥┐↕§
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'll go with I .

T
veteran
veteran
T
Originally Posted By: Alex Williams
(K) Christian theology: the gift of the Christ. <-- this is a joke, do not vote. I apologize for insulting anyone's intelligence by overstating what is obvious to anyone who has read the thread below. Then again some people may vote without reading the thread, or simply deserve to have their intelligence insulted. Enjoy the game.

Where's the Joke, Alex? I derived at the definition above by giving each letter in the word SABRAGE a numerical value in accord with its position in the alphabet e.g. a=1, b=2, c-3, etc.

The number unique to the letters in "sabrage" turned out to be 19 1 2 18 1 7 5, so I googled 191218175 and was suprized to find only one google entry.

Then I returned here and wrote the definition for (K).

Now google --> 191218175 <--

Alex Williams, I resent your implication that I am somehow insulting the intelligence of the participants on this board.

Is it the Christian aspect of my definition that you find so offensive?

A
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
A
Originally Posted By: themilum
Originally Posted By: Alex Williams
(K) Christian theology: the gift of the Christ. <-- this is a joke, do not vote. I apologize for insulting anyone's intelligence by overstating what is obvious to anyone who has read the thread below. Then again some people may vote without reading the thread, or simply deserve to have their intelligence insulted. Enjoy the game.

Where's the Joke, Alex? I derived at the definition above by giving each letter in the word SABRAGE a numerical value in accord with its position in the alphabet e.g. a=1, b=2, c-3, etc.

The number unique to the letters in "sabrage" turned out to be 19 1 2 18 1 7 5, so I googled 191218175 and was suprized to find only one google entry.

Then I returned here and wrote the definition for (K).

Now google --> 191218175 <--

Alex Williams, I resent your implication that I am somehow insulting the intelligence of the participants on this board.

Is it the Christian aspect of my definition that you find so offensive?

I'm not personally offended but your definition has upset a neighbor and it's caused me no little trouble. Lord Satan, the elder gent next door, was most upset at your "hate speach" as he calls it. He's quite sensitive, you know. Thrown out on his arse and all that. He's been crying on my shoulder all afternoon. He's quite clingy, to be honest. (Wretched breath too, if you must know.) Can't stop complaining about how unfair it all was, and if hadn't been for "that rascal Milton" -- he uses the word rascal without irony, by the way, as it were the strongest possible epithet, most strange -- if it hadn't been for that rascal Milton and his slanted analysis of that whole unfortunate misunderstanding things would've turned out much better.

So I had to console the poor creature all hours today, and he only just went home this minute. Now he's playing his fiddle, which he does when he's blue, which is quite often frankly. And he's quite good as a matter of fact but the music is so depressing. Honestly. The hymns are the worst. I think what really has gotten him down is that he never, ever, ever gets anything for Christmas, not all these years. And when he read your definition, "the gift of Christ," he misunderstood it completely, and started ranting and raving about the beautiful golden harp that He got last Christmas (always in tune, apparently), and the pony the year before that, and how He's getting Hannah Montana tickets this year, and on and on. Made quite a spectacle of himself, frankly, although to be fair I should mention that he was in his cups. (Fantastic wine cellar, did I mention that?)

So I thought it would be for the best if no one else voted for that particular submission, to avoid any further hurt feelings and all that. And besides its inclusion in the first place was itself a matter of jest on the coattails of nharren's [wasted] vote. So there you have it.

Last edited by Alex Williams; 12/12/07 04:16 AM.
T
veteran
veteran
T
Well. I guess you know best.

N
stranger
stranger
N
He may know best,
what to do with the rest,
but the vote,
which I tote,
was by no means a jest.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith