Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
T
Hmm. Do I understand that you are willing to settle for peanuts?
Hmm. Peanuts are something that we got a lot of in Alabama...so Ok.

I've got a Winn-Dixie coupon for a jar of Bama Peanut Butter with the caveat that you must buy one to get one free. I'll mail you the coupon and you redeem it at your Winn-Dixie store and keep one jar for yourself and then mail me the other.

Fair enough?

Last edited by themilum; 05/06/07 03:53 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
On those conditions? No deal,no bet,no peanuts.

Some hand hewn wooden chairs and some linguistic conversations will be fine. And don't forget : The sky will never fall.

Last edited by BranShea; 05/06/07 04:44 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
How would the post people get the jar of peanut butter to thee, lacking any conveyance besides row-boats to get thy container of mashed peanuts mixed with oil across the swollen Atlantic?

I exist! I am a pedant! I have a foreboding signature!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Because, Curuinor, post people are about the bravest people in the world. They may err, but not often.
By that time, they wil have pliable wings structured of ultra light fabric on a frame of ultra light metal and fly on manpower only.
As has been written by the clairvoyant writer G.R.R. Martin in his little book "Windhaven".

Windhaven

Of course it would take long for the peanut butter to get there,
but when we will be 104 we will not mind a day more or less.

I would be willing to reconsider the bet on this condition. One pot of peanut butter, payed for by the sender and delivered on wings.
Whoever wins the bet hires a wind postman.

T
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
T
Originally Posted By: Curuinor
How would the post people get the jar of peanut butter to thee, lacking any conveyance besides row-boats to get thy container of mashed peanuts mixed with oil across the swollen Atlantic?

You miss the boat, Curuinor. If, and it's a big if, as some alarmist climatologists whine, sea levels are swollen by a foot and a half at the end of the 21st Century, the crafty Dutch stand to make billions by building little bitty 18 inch high dikes around New York, San Francisco, and other decadent cities where people have more phobias than brains.

And bye the bye, what's up with you calling Alabama raised peanut butter "mashed peanuts mixed with oil"? My grandfather Grider raised a brood of six kids and a slew of semi-feral hogs on parched peanuts and peanut butter; and a happier lot you've never seen.

Last edited by themilum; 05/07/07 07:15 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, now that Themilum has brought in his secret weapon, Grandpa Grider , whom I cannot but respect, I'll drop this argument and declare Themilum the happy winner of one container of peanut butter , made from Alabama peanuts by Dutch peanut butter manufactorers of a quality sturdy enough to build little dikes around New York with, in the year 2047.

T
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
T
You, BranShea, are an admirable loser; a rare bird in today's world where many childish adults throw temper tantrums when someone proves their silly dogmas flawed. I have two things for you...

(1) Note the doomsday slant by agenda driven Reuters to this additional evidence of natural global warming

(2) The last weekend of May I will place a jar of peanut butter on top of a remote green hill in Tennessee along with this note...

[ This jar of peanut butter belongs to BranShea who lives somewhere in Den Haag, Nederland. Please forward it post haste. ]

...along with this poem by Wallace Stevens...

Anecdote of the Jar

I placed a jar in Tennessee,
And round it was, upon a hill.
It made the slovenly wilderness
Surround that hill.

The wilderness rose up to it,
And sprawled around, no longer wild.
The jar was round upon the ground
And tall and of a port in air.

It took dominion every where.
The jar was gray and bare.
It did not give of bird or bush,
Like nothing else in Tennessee.

Write me when you recieve the jar.

Last edited by themilum; 05/07/07 03:31 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
>>>(2) The last weekend of May I will place a jar of peanut butter on top of a remote green hill in Tennessee along with this note...>>>

Well,to conclude this silly stuff, IF you would really do this and make from it a large photograph or a video lastings for twenty minutes ,without anything else visible but the jar and the remote hill, and nothing else happening, you may call it : ART TODAY and find yourself a posh Gallery.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,315
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 247 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,532
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith