Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#162620 11/06/06 03:09 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The WWW seems a hotbed of hostitlity

Why
------------------------------------------
gee, i don't know, maybe because you rub salt in our wounds and call it gentle teasing. and then say, what, that hurts? how i am supposted to know?
and when we point out that we've told you, (not once, but repeatedly, you respond, gee, am i supposed to remember that?

well yes, you are. if you can't, and are some sort of idiot, say so. but you seem at times to be a reasonable person. (somehow you remember your threads and bubble them back up, but at the same time you can't remember the rules? sounds like a very selective memory.

#162621 11/07/06 12:21 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

and con, yes I probably did but don't hold it against me

I do hold it against you that you asked a question for which I took the time to provide an answer to and then you proceeded as if I had never answered your question. That is unconscionably rude. Just who do you want to answer your question, then, if not one of the people that was here at the time? Could it be that private discussion of this topic is not what you are after? If so, that is being insensitive to the people that are still here that suffered most ( Jackie being one) from the experience. I hope that this makes it through your feeble-old-man understanding and that we will never see another link to Wordcrafters or another refernce from you on this subject. After all, you are not a three year old.

When my children were young, I worked with them so that they could understand right from wrong. When they did something wrong, I explained to them what they had done wrong and why it was wrong. When they repeated the behavior, I reminded them that we had discussed the whats and whys the last time, refreshed their memories and told them what the consequences would be if they repeated the behavior yet again. Consider yourself warned and prepare to drop trou if you repeat this behavior again.

Last edited by consuelo; 11/07/06 12:23 AM.
#162622 11/07/06 02:24 PM
D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
con, helen, TEd: I vaguely remembered your replies but not specifically that it was you who sent them since I've received so many similar complaints from so many diverse quarters. Spending hours every day sucking the screen I can't remember each thread, followup, or email in fine detail and chronological order by its sender

I'm terribly sorry if you were offended and I shall endeavor to mend my ways, minimizing persiflage and avoiding OT. But my goodness, why get so bent out of shape on such a trivial matter in a world of calumny, terror, pending world wars, political turmoil, macaca confusion, disease, wholesale death, ethnic and religious conflict, environmental degradation, overpopulation, injustice of every kind

Love ya

Oops, forgot, no persiflage

But please don't drop me, at least not yet, until I determine whether I'm able to change. I dearly love WS (really, I do) and would miss it sorely

Last edited by dalehileman; 11/07/06 02:34 PM.

dalehileman
#162623 11/07/06 03:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
y'know, maybe there really is a dalebot.

-ron o.

#162624 11/11/06 05:26 PM
D
Pooh-Bah
OP Offline
Pooh-Bah
D
After all, I'm just the messenger

dalehileman
#162625 11/11/06 08:01 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
After all, I'm just the messenger

and who's message are you delivering?
WHY YOUR VERY OWN.

don't piss on my leg and say "it's raining".

#162626 11/12/06 02:13 PM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Haven't poked my nose in here for quite a while ... nice to see everyone's getting on so well. Bye!

#162627 11/12/06 02:23 PM
T
veteran
veteran
T
Nice to hear from you, Capfka, how are you maturing?

Milo

#162628 11/13/06 02:00 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
please don't drop me, at least not yet, until I determine whether I'm able to change. I have to say now, Dale, that when I read Capfka's post my first impulse was to ask you to leave immediately*: his contributions here have been wonderful, and I miss him greatly. He indicated a long time ago that he didn't like the controversy that was here some time back; so he "pokes his nose in" and finds it again, and leaves again. And who is at the center of this controversy? You.
*Fortunately, I have learned at times to not follow my first impulses.

I am an extremely patient person, but the decision of a friend to leave has put me pretty much to the end of my limit. At the moment, I am willing to believe that you are not deliberately trying to cause trouble; perhaps you simply didn't believe how serious the requests were; not just in this thread but in other threads and PM's, too. I am also willing for now to believe that you really do have difficulties in remembering. But I am strongly suggesting to you that you find some way to remember what not only others, but you yourself, have said. You repeatedly bring up what others have asked you not to; you repeat questions that have already been answered. I am also of the belief that you do not wish to be an annoyance. So--please try to keep some sort of record you can refer to, since according to several of your posts your mind isn't adequate for this. Possibly you could limit yourself to participating in just one board; make yourself some notes; do something, whatever it is. Several people here have gone to a good deal of trouble to accommodate you and your questions; it would be really nice if you could try and accommodate them.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 674 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith