& all wot galanteb gnows 2 doot

b f n c n u l8r g8r

mabbogtebby X

#155100 04/25/06 10:55 PM
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
In case you can't hear me laughing all the way across the Irish sea, let me tell you how much I love these forays into the sublime parallel universe of Slasher's Bar (& Grill) - thanks to all its denizens! :]

#155101 04/25/06 11:11 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes

Glad yer enjoyen what does be goen on hear - it's tuff been a Ted fer sure, but we manage.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

#155102 05/07/06 07:51 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good ter see ya still around, GT. Yer bloody well-hidden, mind, cause I was in Dublin fer the Banken Holiday last week, and not a ide nor air of you did I see. And I looked in every bar. Coulden find Slasher's Bar (and Grill) though. Bit out of the town, is it?

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#155103 05/08/06 07:51 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howya Kiwie

DUBLIN is it?? Sure that's not reel Ireland a tall. Ya should try comen Weshta the Shannon fer ta find us.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

#155104 10/10/06 10:17 PM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes! How is things?

Browsen through me Tedasaurus the other day, I came across a little piece about me Fourbear, Pra da Panda, what was once the Nation’s top designer and what invented the stone-washed jean back in the last few weeksa the Stone Age.

The peasant fokes was delighted alltagather with their new trews, until the flaxen-haired daughtera the local Locks Clan [no furst name recorded] started sayen that everyone was looken fierce scruffy alltagather in the new gear. [At this pint we can only speculate that this spite was outta pure jealously cos her prehistoric arse was too big ta fit in ta them]. Well, me Fourbears was taken nonea these insults fer sure, and after discoveren the resta the world fer ta subsequently invent the WWW, they looked up the Iron Age on the net, got it delivered, and then left it ta Ted the Inventer ta invent the very furst steam iron.

Ted the Onterpineer took things over from here and was in the middlea plannen the very furst laundrette when his plannen permission was blocked by a mysterious objecter, on the grounds that it might hamper the allready scanty bleach and peroxide supplies. And next thing ya know hadn’t the local Locks Clan opened up the furst wash-house in the area. Well, in the heela the reel, the Ted population wasn’t too disappinted with their loss cos it soon transpired that this was firece sweaty work alltagather and they had loads a time ta develop the arta gamblen, boozen and general carrousen while the flaxen-haired daughtera the local Locks clan had ta spend all her days slaven away over a hot iron.

Then one day while she was nosen through the jeans pocketsa one a the Marks Brothers [whether Ted or Carl is not recorded] didn’t she come across the haff finished tedifesto on slave labour and decided ta there and then down tools and refuse ta work any more until somea the Teds agreed ta help her. Unlookily fer her, didn’t she ferget ta turn off the iron and the jint burnt down ta a cinder, leaven the Locks Clan destitute fer yonks ta come.

Which just goes ta show ye fokes, ya should never strike while the iron is hot.

Be seein ya

GT

#155105 10/11/06 12:55 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Always good to see you, Ted.

#155106 10/11/06 11:38 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think it was Carl Marks, GT, not Ted. After all, he had nothing to lose but his jeans.

Glad to see you back in such fine form. Keep up the shabby bear, er shaggy bear, stories.

I've been hoping you would come to this side of the pond for a visit, but I notice there's no zipper in those jeans; that means you won't be able to get on a plane without a lot of trouble. Being on the No-Fly List and all.

TEd
#155107 11/08/06 09:29 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Jist plaign graijte !

To Ted The Gallant,

One of our trips to Ireland got us into an Irish hospital for six weeks with broken bones because a van from a Bacon Company
overtook a flock of sheep in a sharp curve of one of them scenic country roads. The front window gone, our back seat passenger's spectacles ended up way over the offensive van and the Company's slices of bacon ended up way over all around the place. The sheep didn't care for bacon and pursued their pastoral trail.
The hospital was great! I was a only a little scared to death by a teeny weeny gostlike little waif that whispered :'Holy water? Holy water? into my feverish ear. I thought the end had come right then and there due to a shot of morphine on which I reacted negative. All docters and nurses
thought it a big waste of money, that shot.
The matron hopped in every day in my single room to ask how we were feeling today. The head surgeon governed the place like a King.
(Louis XVI) Complete with peacocks on the lawn and he did his rounds with a staff of assistants acting as courtiers.
Before dawn the hospital smelled of the home- bread baking and as it was Xmas there was turkey, turnips and iced heavy black Christmas cake.I was daily wheeled over to my husband's room who was lying in traction with a broken hip . It was the most hospitable hospital I ever knew. Bantry, best place in the world to brake a leg. I love Ireland,the music,the accent though I never got it right.
On many a trip I saw donkeys , not ever I saw you, Gallant Ted . I guess you must have been a toddler at the time and was off to the woods to the annual Teddy Bear's Picnic.

Love your column!

Last edited by BranShea; 11/09/06 11:49 AM.
#155108 11/11/06 10:40 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks for shedding some candlelight on MabbogTebby's X.

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith