Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eudoux Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
hmmm I dont know what to think of this.. found this in my gf's spam folder after she had me look something up for her. We've been dating for 3 years now and shes preggers so we are gonna get married here soon. Anyway, enough background, let me post the emails here maybe one of you can figure out what they are suppose to say.. heres the first one

"UPSET BCOZ OF UR SHORT DlCK? LONGER 2" WITH THIS shining Spam

Alysia Blanch
<kbhk6wbsb@ainet.com>to me
More options Jan 27 (2 days ago)
allow filled light beautiful taught. sugar a development edge.
motor rich disappoint profession.
force or a promised letters.
use love we yours am.
speaking or am.
"

E
eudoux Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
heres #2

"SAVE 82% VALIU*, ATIVA*, LEVITR*, MERIDI* & ALL POPULAR MEDICATIONS, NO QUESTION ASKED mischievous Spam

Margarite Junie
<wlhwsn3nqrzn@algx.net>to me
More options Jan 22 (7 days ago)
force or embarrass friends,
again filled not leader. servants parents my studied. back the prison.
purpose explain money immediate mischievous?
commit happened purpose.
respect corner he thats wrong turning? leader bought am shining evening? she drew night?
"

E
eudoux Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
there are also a few others... but ill let you guys feed on this for a while first. thnx guys

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think this is like the other e-mail query we had recently: just gibberish, in an effort to find "live" addresses for a future siege.

E
eudoux Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
ahh i c... so no secret love messages .. damn :P

veteran
veteran

The unix equivalent to the spam-filter was called the "kill file," or just "killfile." This kind of filter was implemented through a simple text file that the user could alter. Today, you can spot some of the old unix hacks by their use of the term "killfile" meaning to ignore someone.

Unfortunately, these sorts of filters are insufficient any more. They only allowed you to block on specific addresses, names, keywords, etc. But there are now newer systems that are adaptive. They can learn key phrases to ignore. A technique used by many spammers is to send identical emails from many different email addresses in the hopes that at least one will make it through the filter. The adaptive technique worked okay for a while. Unfortunately, the spammers are hard at work attempting to subvert filtering.

What you are seeing is not intended to make sense. In fact, it was specifically generated to NOT make sense - in order to get around the filtering. The real message might be embedded further in the post - or it could just be a link it is hoped you will click.

There should, of course, be penalties, starting with flensing, for spamming.

There are any number of excuses for not doing anything about it. Be assured it is the same manner of BS that made the do-not-call list so long in coming, the same sort of sleazy dishonesty that gives us a do-not-call list instead of a do-call list, the same sort of greedy, self-serving blather that allows phone companies to give out lines that don't show up correctly on *67.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Quote:

hmmm I dont know what to think of this.. found this in my gf's spam folder after she had me look something up for her. We've been dating for 3 years now and shes preggers so we are gonna get married here soon. Anyway, enough background, let me post the emails here maybe one of you can figure out what they are suppose to say.. heres the first one

"UPSET BCOZ OF UR SHORT DlCK? LONGER 2" WITH THIS shining Spam

Alysia Blanch
<kbhk6wbsb@ainet.com>to me
More options Jan 27 (2 days ago)
allow filled light beautiful taught. sugar a development edge.
motor rich disappoint profession.
force or a promised letters.
use love we yours am.
speaking or am.
"

Nice try, HL.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Nice try, HL. I thought about that; but I am not going to let anyone cause me to be unkind to someone who even might be a true newcomer.

veteran
veteran

"I thought about that; but I am not going to let anyone cause me to be unkind to someone who even might be a true newcomer."

Ditto.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
FF:

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,317
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,534
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith