About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#145272 07/25/05 06:00 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I suspect keys are inherently no easier or more difficult for singers in general (instrumentalists are another story). I like E flat myownsef most of the time, when/if I get the choice.

With a nod to etaoin, I want to welcome you aBoard, Churl Pat, and just comment that every unmoderated board will have its troublemaker. Not much we can do about it as things stand, though many of us (including moi) have tried. I hope you will continue to contribute, despite that. It's good to have another Brit here; we need the input!

#145273 07/25/05 07:04 PM
P
veteran
veteran
P
every unmoderated board will have its troublemaker. Not much we can do about it as things stand, though many of us (including moi) have tried

How true, ASp, and some boards will have a whole clique of ruling troublemakers.

By the way, I think you are far too modest in describing your personal efforts to drive Plutarch away.

You and Of Troy, along with your new alter ego, Churl Pat, have led the Holy Carpal Crusade against Plutarch for months, if not for years, even when all other old-timers lost their appetite for your self-immolating Crusade.

#145274 07/25/05 08:48 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Fact: Last year, i was a champion of Plutarchs.

Fact: last year, i was in regular PM contact with him

Fact: Last year Plutarch was claiming that Faldage was out to get him.

Fact: Plutark has driven away poster after poster.

Fact: plutarck is the poster with the most sock puppets to his name. posting defense, posting whole conversation with himself (under his various names.) Anastrophic and i have always been ourselves and don't change our on line names as frequently as we change the oil in car. (not so with plutarch)
Fact:...
oh forget it. he lives in fantasy world.. inhabited by himself and his 2 dozen alter egos--all as self centered as he is.

#145275 07/25/05 09:04 PM
P
veteran
veteran
P
Dear Of Troy:

I have been an admirer of your talents from the beginning, and would be again if you would focus them on creative ideas, where your true talent lies, and not obsess yourself with self-destructive hatred of me.

I am no threat to you, Of Troy. I am no threat to you or your talent.

How often have I offered peace, Of Troy, and how often have you and ASp refused it?

Let's go back to December 2004, in the weeks before Christmas.

How many times, in the weeks both before and after Christmas 2004, did I offer to put the past behind and make peace in the spirit of Christmas, if not for ourselves, then at least for the good of the Board?

And how many times did you and ASp come storming back in ferocious attack, as a team, again and again, unprovoked, with Plutarch turning the other cheek each and every time?

How long did this extended diatribe of yours and ASp go on, Of Troy, after I offered, no begged, for peace in the best interests of the Board at large? For 3 months and more, Of Troy, until at last, Plutarch, called it quits when you and ASp defended, unblushingly, that "gold showers" vulgarity posted as an insult in reply to my "Golden Rule" post: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

At that point, I thought even the old-timers themselves would have had enough of your disastrous warmongering, Of Troy. Yours and ASp's.

Yet I return after several weeks, as Carpathian to test the waters and to caution that there will be no more "turn-the-other-cheek" Plutarch, and you and ASp are as full of malice and selfish bellicosity as ever.

These are facts which are subject to independent corroboration, Of Troy.

These are real facts. Not imagined or manipulated facts or half-truths.

#145276 07/25/05 09:29 PM
S
journeyman
journeyman
S
This is all so much unmitigated blatherskite (that's bullshit in American, folks). You should ALL be ashamed of yourselves for subjugating everyone to this periodic cavilling and finger-pointing.

Oh, I hope I don't get banned for typing that word up there. C'mon, Jackie! Do your stuff and delete everything in this thread subsequent to JG's last post.

The Lone Haranguer

[edit]It really is awfully annoying to see posts edited and re-edited, without notice, as though the poster was giving no thought to what he was at first posting.[/edit]

The Lone Haranguer
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 699 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith