Wordsmith.org: the magic of words

Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#142832 06/20/05 09:53 PM

For all the new people that have come to this board, I would like you to know that one person is all (and probably more I've forgotten) of the board names listed below. He delights in fomenting discord and talking to himself. He has been doing this since 2002, so as you can see, if he were to add all his posts under his various (sockpuppet) names, he is actually a CarpalTunnel (whatever that really means). Many people have left the board because of his antics and I think that is a real shame. We, and by that I mean many people that aren't CarpalTunnels, used to have a good time coming here to talk about and play with words.

Carpathian
grapho
semperon
moss
gnat
Wordminstrel
vbq
Plutarch
tang
themgmt

For an example of this person's need to talk to himself, please see this thread:
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=wordplay&Number=135148

C
C
We, and by that I mean many people that aren't CarpalTunnels, used to have a good time coming here to talk about and play with words.

Dear "We":

Interesting that you chose to become a "Newbie" to spread your Carpalosities - a trademark Carpal subterfuge which beguiles innocent newcomers ... but never for long. :)

subterfuge which beguiles innocent newcomers ... but never for long. :)

Yes, but then, you know all about that, don't you? Just because I choose not to post does not automatically mean that I don't simply lurk here like many members do. You assume too much, sir. But then, a sure sign of a paranoid, psychotic or not, is to assume that everyone else sees, feels and understands things the same as they. Why do you persist in behavior that is not acceptable to the rest of the people that come here? You might want to consult a psychiatrist if you can't answer that question on your own.

I have really enjoyed following this game, so could those that wish to play the game get on with it? musick has continued it in the worthless monster thread.

C
C
Dear "arosebyanyname":

You are no rose by any name.

Your hysteria speaks louder than your disguise.

re "a sure sign of a paranoid, psychotic or not, is to assume that everyone else sees, feels and understands things the same as they"

A very revealing self-portrait.

Ah, but there is where you and I differ. Many have posted objecting to your methods of contributing to the board. No one, unless you count your sock puppets, has defended your position. I can safely say that I am not assuming anything whereas you can only assume that others see, feel and understand things as you do. I would suggest that you reflect more deeply before calling me an hysteric. That comment tends to underline your paranoia in the eyes of the other readers.

#142838 06/21/05 06:08 PM
C
C
I would suggest that you reflect more deeply before calling me an hysteric

Dear Not Arose:

I would have to reflect less deeply, rather than more deeply, to understand your insecurities, assuming I had the inclination -- which I don't.

So you'll have to hypergurgitate on your own hysterics.

The last time you went hystericarpal, people of all stripes, including fellow Carpals offscreen, begged you to stop, week after week, month after month, to no avail.

You have made your own bed of roses, Not Arose. :)

I don't know who you think I am, but I went back and reviewed all my previous posts. I saw nothing denoting an hysterical personality. One post was in answer to a post that was edited without notation after the fact to make me look like I was the bad guy (a common practice among trolls, I'm told). Most of them consisted of resurrecting old threads with this message "¤". I was making several points by doing this:

1. There was a time when people actually came here to talk about and play with words. No one tried to be "King of the Board". There were no trolls. Differences of opinion were treated in a civilized manner.
2. Several times rules were suggested. The only rule here is the golden rule. Some people just don't get it.
3. People come and go on this board. Some leave because they don't enjoy it. Some leave due to personal or professional constraints. Some leave because they don't like reading posts by trolls. There is nothing anyone can do to prevent anyone from leaving. C'est la vie. What can be done is to identify trolls and hope newcomers don't leave because of them.
4. Some people have been around this board for a very long time. They still love it and want the good times back.

This will be my last post. I am tired down to my soul of coming here to refresh myself and finding you here making a hash of interesting posts, carping about the Carpaltunnel Conspiracy and bloviating endlessly. Knowing what an Omegatist you are, I fully expect you to have the last word in this thread, as you have in so many other fun threads you couldn't allow to live.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith