Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If you don't want to play the game as we have been you have your own playground for your own repetive contexts, carpathian. I'll even grant you the humor of your post here (dog dibrof anyone ever uses the letters c-a-r-p in a sentence again without garnishing your fodder), but the least you could do is use some of your verbal skills and come up with an imaginary monster... and, of course, leave us with a word from tsuwm's list so the next has an opportunity to continue.

Give peace a chance... for the rest of our lives, thank you.

C
C
Give peace a chance

That's a very intelligent proposal, musick.

You won't have any trouble with me if I don't have any trouble with you.

I hope your high-mindedness will provide an example to others, but, more likely, they will shun you for it, as they have shunned other peace-makers in the past.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You won't have any trouble with me if I don't have any trouble with you.

- and -

...but, more likely, they will shun you for it,...

Thanks for your concern, but methinks your focus should not be drawn to me, nor anyone else besides yourself. It is only there where one can live as one wishes and also only there where the seeds of peace may grow. Please take this discussion into PM.

I offer a new word for anyone who wishes:

kalon

#142805 06/11/05 05:12 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
the scarper is an insidious (albeit silly) monster that likes to deposit its scat in pristine, open areas and then scamper away.

Zoilos (cf. zoilism)

edit: never mind; as you were.

#142806 06/11/05 05:29 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A zoilos is a sharp clawed creature that runs through the forest, blindly tearing at anything in its path. This practice developed as it is blind to all but light-dark contrasts and had once torn right through the side of a deer (oh, dear) on its way to the bathroom... only to end up peeing on the carcass. It doesn't really know what it is eating, but judges its success from the remants under its finger nails.

quaggy

#142807 06/13/05 09:32 AM
D
dxb Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
D
Quaggys (sometimes called zeerocs) – huge, winged, zebra-like monsters with a rank smell, living in the swamps of the Limpopo. Kin to the centaur, the quaggy is the only horse-like creature that is a predator. The quaggy is narcissistic and likes to turn its prey into a copy of itself, so it will often be seen rolling across pale skinned animals in order to transfer its black striped pattern onto their skin. Squashed to death by this copying process, the prey is more readily digested.

Emberlucock

#142808 06/13/05 02:00 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
A distant relative of the phoenix, which is reborn from the ashes, the evil cousin emberlucock is a nasty fowl that propagates by creating fire in the most unlikely places. Last seen spawning young firestarters from a blazing birthing space near the South Pole.

antumbra

#142809 06/15/05 04:09 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
An antumbra is a wolf like creature that takes human form at the rise of each new moon. Its appearance(whether male or female) is irresistibly attractive once it has completed its change, and it then blends into the party nightlife and 'picks-up' its prey (always suggesting to go to their place for a drink). After the night of 'passion', morning sees the antumbra changing back into a wolf and devouring its 'mate'.

cathect

#142810 06/15/05 10:02 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
not to be confused with the umbra..

who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
the umbra do; and after knowing all of that evil, and taking on newly discovered bits of evil to its own purposes, it is just about the vilest and most evil thing imaginable.

but I digress..

#142811 06/17/05 05:52 PM
W
wow Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
This little monster is not so much dangerous as very, very, annoying. The cathect lives in churches, mosques, synagogues, and in fact anyplace people gather for spititual reasons. The cathect's sole purpose is to confuse the congregation. They causes hymnal pages to stick together so people find themselves singing a hymn different from what is being sung by others; the Cathect changes the ribbon place markers in prayer books, they curl up the edges of prayer rugs, they cause yalmulkas (sp?) to slip off the head or tilt rakishly over one eye. In general they are mischief makers whose sole purpose is to cause annoyance and distraction to people who seek quiet contemplation or connection with their higher power.
No description of the Cathect exists. They are known by their actions alone.
magiree

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith