Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
please don't tell me what i think. You can't know-- and i find it insulting that you ascribe to me, all this negative thinking.

if you'd like to present some indication that i think that way by going back and finding posts were i have expressly stated some of 'these thoughts' you could, but most likely i would ignore you. You, by your behavior are teaching me to ignore you and your post.(not quite entirely yet, but more and more each day.)

i like or dislike someone, or the words they post, not based on some sort of group think, but based on my reaction to their post.

'grapho' might not be a carpel tunnel, but you sir, your posts, under all your different names total easily to carpel tunnel range. so you too, are a carpel tunnel poster, even if you change names to hid that fact.--and your name changing is something you don't make much effort to hide.

perhaps the beliefs you post are your own. In which case, please label them as such.

its a sad world, and daily i hear more and more stories of people who have lost some of their civil rights, based on nothing but their ethnic group or religion. but AWAD still remains an area of free speech.

you are free to say anything, but understand, I DO NOT ACCEPT YOUR STATEMENTS. you might try to repeat them, again and again, (as the current administration does,) in hope that repeating lies often enough and loud enough will make people believe it. but i know it's a lie.

G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
but i know it's a lie

Well, if it's a lie, de Troy, why have we never had some modest attempt at reform around here?

Why have my suggestions [how many months ago?] of a random, rotating panel of some kind to judge word games, or to intervene firmly but politely in unpleasant exchanges or Carpal Tunnel bullying or shunning or peacock shows of lordly disdain, why have these suggestions been either ignored, or ridiculed, or brazenly misrepresented by the ruling elite?

Why will no Carpal Tunnel countenance the indignity of this gentle reproach:

You're showing your plumage.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oh, i see, since i dissagree with you about the idea of a random, rotating panel of some kind to judge word games(most of which i don't play!) i am guilty of some sort of group think. could be i don't care about hogwash, and don't care how its scored.
not that it matters much. points 'won' in hogwash are good for ...., um..., well.. Oh i know, NOTHING.

as for my suggestions....some kind to judge .... to intervene firmly but politely in unpleasant exchanges,

that is not our decision to make. i have no more power here than you do, nor does any one else, EXCEPT Jackie, and she had her power bestowed on her by Anu Garg-(and she did not ask for it, he assigned it,) and she wields it very lightly. no one shuts you down! you are allowed to complain, and complain, and complain. your posts aren't deleted, threads aren't closed, you aren't denied access to the board. (would you do the same?)

the the ruling elite is Mr Garg. he pays for this site, (web servers aren't free, even if access to them is) and he make the rules. You have a problem, start sending him emails. ask him to act on your suggestions. and if he does, (or doesn't) i have no say in the matter. It's his choice.

please stop complaining that I, some other carpel tunnel rated poster, or some secret cabal of posters are making the rules. (if i made the rules, you would be allowed to say time and time and time and time again that I was!)

your suggestions have been met time and time again with the answer WE DON'T MAKE THE RULES or more commonly, There are no stinkin rules around here not to ridicule you, but because we are stating facts. (now you might not like the facts, but that is your problem!)

obviously this anarchistic non-chaos bothers you. you want rules. Fine, make some up. keep to them. I won't mind. just don't expect me to follow your rules. (and i would be very surprized if others did!)

i rather like the anarchistic non-chaos here. i think some others do too.

there are plenty of BB's with pages and pages of rules, and abritary enforcement of them (where newer members are whompped, and 'elites' get away with murder)if you like rules, got to those BB's and work on writing rules, and enforcing rules.. become a ruler. no one forces you to remain in this open, ruleless and ruler-less group.

#132611 09/05/04 02:01 PM
G
grapho Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
G
i rather like the anarchistic non-chaos here. i think some others do too.

Need I guess who*?

You're showing your plumage.

* To understand why things are the way they are around here, one only has to understand who benefits most from the way things are around here.

Why should those who wield unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power around here break up the royal jelly by pleading the case to anyone, least of all to Jackie or to Mr. Whoever-he-is, that their lordly prerogatives should be abridged?

Not only abridged, but shared with some "random, rotating" rabble.

#132612 09/05/04 04:49 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
what?
Why should those who wield unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power around here break up the royal jelly by pleading the case to anyone, least of all to Jackie or to Mr. Whoever-he-is, that their lordly prerogatives should be abridged?

The world might be against you. but here, there is no unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power working against you.

you might want to think there is. but ultimately the power is with Mr Garg. Ask him to change things, if you are unhappy, but please don't demand that i ask him to change thing when i am generally quite happy with things the way they are.

and yes, I am are happy with ruleless anarchy, and have no desire to second you in setting up a random rotating table (of leadership). so does that mean i suffer from group think, or just that i think you'd make a lousy leader? (i know i would, so don't think i am judging you more harsely than i judge myself.)

who the hell are you to demand that i change to make you happy? if you are not happy here, it's your problem, and nothing i do (or don't do) will fix it. ONLY you can decide to be happy or not.

Yeah, it's hard. (and for me, defective brain chemistry doesn't help. i am prone to bouts of depression, and have several choices in how i deal with my seritonian uptake abnormality, but i know for sure, YOU are not to blame, and nothing YOU can do will change me. ) you have no power to make me happy (or unhappy)

And NOTHING i can do will change your happiness or unhappiness.

but you can do something. (well something beside complaining that we 'carpel tunnels' (how i hate the 'titles' on most BB's) are some sort of unseen, unearned, arbitrary and unassailable power structure.) first off, there is no 'we'. i know and like Jackie, but jackie and i are chalk and cheese when it come to our thought processes, likes and dislikes, values and behaviors (well, we do agree that cooler climates are nice than tropical ones, but hey, even a stopped clock is right twice a day!)

you can write to Anu Garg. he can do something. (or not)

but you apparently like to beat your head against the wall.
you seem to want to blame me (and others) for being happy when you are not. again and again, and again, and again, you complain we have power.

of course, you are right. I have power because i am here. My words are my septer and swords. I have no more, no less power than you. i have no desire to change things. if you don't like that, Tough!

Its not my responsibility to like you or to second you, or support you. and i want less and less to do it, as you become more and more general in your complains against the 'unseen, unearned, arbitary power stucture'(that i can only guess, you see, (even though its unseen).

get back on your meds, or take a talking cure, or meditate. there are cures to the delusions, and doubts and paranoia.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Gives a whole new perspective on that Georgia resort, Hilton Head Island, doesn't it?

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Helen,

Don't respond to him. He's an airhead. Delusion is his right; leave him to it. That's a suggestion, BTW, not a rule ...

The idiot also known as Capfka ...
#132615 09/07/04 08:04 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
the Royal Jelly

Vaseline?

#132616 09/10/04 03:17 PM
T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Vaseline?

Mind your manners, sir. That comment belongs on "Confessions of an Heirhead" thread. In any case, it is unbefitting a "Carpal Tunnel".

#132617 09/11/04 01:21 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I never tunneled any carpals...all I do is post here.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith