Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
The June list looks pretty meager; maybe I can help - my birthday's June 9th.

T
veteran
veteran
T
Happy Birthday Aniami!

Excuse me Aniami for Happy Birthdaying you in advance but on June the 9th I have an early appointment for a haircut and then I plan to do some shopping and will pretty much be busy all day. That night I plan to go bowling, so Happy Birthday now!

Z
stranger
stranger
Z
me....11/24 thanks

if at first you don't frickasee, fry, fry a hen

if at first you don't frickasee, fry, fry a hen
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hi zweetz! Welcome to the madhouse.

Nice pun. When I went to the ag school I didn't do well, and was voted most likely to sack seed. My girl friend, who was an unrepentant southerner, was voted most likely to secede.

TEd
A
journeyman
journeyman
A
Hippo bird-day two ewes, TEd and Jackie. I just HAD to re-use my favorite b'day greeting. Mine's 29 October... and I don't hafta give the year!

Jackie Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Thanks, amnow! Hee, hee--I love that greeting! I was on my computer very little last week: both my kids were home on spring break. (Wasn't it nice of their separate universities to coordinate that just for us? ) We had a nice time, catching up, visiting, shopping, and watching late-night movies together.
They both went back to school yesterday, but the air in the house seems to be still faintly vibrating from their in-and-out-ness, their upstairs-and-down-ness, their on-and-off-the phone-ness, etc., as though they have left echoes of themselves behind. Busy people, those two, and content to be so. I imagine that by tomorrow the air will be quiet again. This week was especially precious because we already know that our son has a job that will keep him away from home for most of the summer, and there is a chance that our daughter will do the same...sigh. I mean, I knew from the beginning, of course, that we would eventually lose them; but I wasn't expecting it to be before they got out of college.
(Oh--my b-day was nice, too. I had not one, not two, but three b-day cakes! Got some nice gifts from the family, and allowed myself to go on a shopping spree--bought a few antique postcards, a new purse, and a movie: Same Time Next Year. Maybe I'll watch it today.)

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
happy birthdays to all those I've missed. I'll probably be missing more, but the good wishes are still there.

formerly known as etaoin...
M
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
M
Happy birthday David, Steven and Werner - sorry to be a little late, but I hope it was a good day for you all.

I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Thanks, Mav!

Happy birthday Werner and Steve!

It was an unusal birthday, for me. I spent it sitting on a jury.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
One gets double points in Heaven for sitting on a jury on one's birthday ... I have it on the very highest authority.

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,271
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (A C Bowden), 285 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,502
LukeJavan8 9,915
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith