Page 1 of 2 1 2
#121259 01/25/04 03:31 PM
W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W

1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before AWAD/board.

2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.

3) I will get dressed before noon.

4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of AWAD/board.

5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are AWAD/board-deprived.

6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the a PM.

7) I will read a book...if I still remember how.

8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear myself think before posting on AWAD/board.

9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for new postings.

10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.

11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy at AWAD/board.

12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the AWAD/board will be there tomorrow!!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
This is very, very clever, Wow! You have completely read me well, especially this weekend after having, by necessity, gone so many days without AWAD. Yesterday I read a book, but kept my computer on all day long so I could follow the posts on AWAD--and it was a lovely way to spend the day and I shall do it again today--but this is a luxury since I am between semesters this weekend.

Thank you for making me laugh at myself--and I'm sure many here laugh at themselves.

I want to add one rule, if you don't mind:

13. I will not think it is the end of the world should I find no new posts when checking back onto the AWAD board.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I gotta eat my oatmeal with a knife and fork?! What kinda oatmeal you think I eat?

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Very lumpy ??!

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
And # 14

I will not have an anxiety attack when I finally check in and see 2947 NEW posts. I'll just pick the top three threads and move on.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Before my hiatus from this board, I used to look at all of the topics every day. When I came back, I was so intimidated that I restricted myself to announcements and Q&A about words. Thus, when I log on, I see that there are 12731 messages filed under Wordplay and Fun which I have not read and 24470 messages filed under Miscellany which I have not read. If I ever lose both my jobs, I make take a month and read all those.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I, too, limit myself: I stay above the equator. For a long time I didn't read Weekly Themes, but now I look in on everything up here except AWAD in schools. And I still spend too much time here, but!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
And I read every forum except one when I visit, but I quickly eliminate individual threads that don't hold any interest.

My favorite forum is below the equator: Metawords with Dr. Bill because he pulls up such interesting words and we stick pretty much to basics down there. By 'basics' I mean: definitions, etymology, and a few human interest stories.

My least favorite (!) is the AWAD in the schools one. Maybe that one's too close to home--and I rarely look in there. I come here to escape and to enjoy both words and y'all's company.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if there's a new post, I read it.

formerly known as etaoin...
W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Faldage, it's ok to eat your oatmeal as I do, with a spoon. But I highly recommend a fork for the scrambled eggs.

As for me : I&A, Q&A, Wordplay, Miscellany.
When I first came abord I looked at everything and it was just tooooo much. So I now stick to the above unless someone PMs me to llok at a particular thread in those "other" fora.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I just wish there was a "mark all read" button, like other boards have. I have taken to opening a dozen or so AWAD tabs at one time, rthen closing them all down without reading them, just to get rid of the "new" icon in the Nothern Hemisphere threads, where WW & the good doctor hold sway.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
scrambled eggs

Don't eat them every day. Course, if I have anything to say about it and get up before the lovely AnnaS, I might could need a knife and fork for the coffee.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 442 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith