Page 1 of 2 1 2
#121259 01/25/04 03:31 PM
W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W

1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before AWAD/board.

2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.

3) I will get dressed before noon.

4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of AWAD/board.

5) I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are AWAD/board-deprived.

6) I will call someone on the phone who I cannot contact via the a PM.

7) I will read a book...if I still remember how.

8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to turn the TV down so I can hear myself think before posting on AWAD/board.

9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for new postings.

10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.

11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy at AWAD/board.

12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime... and the AWAD/board will be there tomorrow!!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
This is very, very clever, Wow! You have completely read me well, especially this weekend after having, by necessity, gone so many days without AWAD. Yesterday I read a book, but kept my computer on all day long so I could follow the posts on AWAD--and it was a lovely way to spend the day and I shall do it again today--but this is a luxury since I am between semesters this weekend.

Thank you for making me laugh at myself--and I'm sure many here laugh at themselves.

I want to add one rule, if you don't mind:

13. I will not think it is the end of the world should I find no new posts when checking back onto the AWAD board.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I gotta eat my oatmeal with a knife and fork?! What kinda oatmeal you think I eat?

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Very lumpy ??!

B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
And # 14

I will not have an anxiety attack when I finally check in and see 2947 NEW posts. I'll just pick the top three threads and move on.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Before my hiatus from this board, I used to look at all of the topics every day. When I came back, I was so intimidated that I restricted myself to announcements and Q&A about words. Thus, when I log on, I see that there are 12731 messages filed under Wordplay and Fun which I have not read and 24470 messages filed under Miscellany which I have not read. If I ever lose both my jobs, I make take a month and read all those.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I, too, limit myself: I stay above the equator. For a long time I didn't read Weekly Themes, but now I look in on everything up here except AWAD in schools. And I still spend too much time here, but!

W
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
And I read every forum except one when I visit, but I quickly eliminate individual threads that don't hold any interest.

My favorite forum is below the equator: Metawords with Dr. Bill because he pulls up such interesting words and we stick pretty much to basics down there. By 'basics' I mean: definitions, etymology, and a few human interest stories.

My least favorite (!) is the AWAD in the schools one. Maybe that one's too close to home--and I rarely look in there. I come here to escape and to enjoy both words and y'all's company.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
if there's a new post, I read it.

formerly known as etaoin...
W
wow Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
W
Dear Faldage, it's ok to eat your oatmeal as I do, with a spoon. But I highly recommend a fork for the scrambled eggs.

As for me : I&A, Q&A, Wordplay, Miscellany.
When I first came abord I looked at everything and it was just tooooo much. So I now stick to the above unless someone PMs me to llok at a particular thread in those "other" fora.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 691 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith