sertulum - a collection of plants that have been scientifically studied

serum - when blood clots, the supernatant liquid is serum. When blood is drawn with anticoagulant, and centrifuged, the supernatant liquid is plasma

ser[val 7s%r4v!l8
n.,
pl. 3vals or 3val 5Fr < Port (lobo) cerval < L (lupus) cervarius, lynx, lit., deer wolf: see WOLF & CERVINE6an African wildcat (Leptailurus serval) with a black-spotted, tawny coat, long legs, and no ear tufts
Not to be confused with Serval, brand of gas operated refrigerators. great for places without electricity.

service, sesamoid (previous thread, small bones that form insite tendons that cross joints, reminded somebody of
tiny sesame seeds. The kneecap is a rather large one.

Seston: in biology of seawater near shore, the suspended material, both living and non-living
“Seston: All suspended material, living (plankton) and non-living (tripton), organic and inorganic.
, (It took a lot of searching to find this.)

seta
n.,
pl. 3tae 73c8 5ModL < L seta, saeta, a stiff hair < IE base *sei3, cord > SINEW, OE sal, rope6 Biol. a bristle or bristlelike part or organ

setting, settlers, several, severe,

sevillana = seguidilla - Remember Carmen “Chez mon ami Lilas Pastia, j’irai danser la sequidilla et boire manzanilla……(I know I quoted this once before. Can’t help it)

sexton – maintainance man in a church. Also a family name. I once approved hospital admission of a mentally disturbed young lady who had sexrally assaulted a terrified adolescent male.
I fell of my chair laughing, when the psychiatrist seeking the admission failed to comprehend
my feeble jest “What’s ih a name?”

sextuplet - what in vitro fertilization can give you

sfogarto - definition of the ...
carries with it a certain catharsis: "the great cleansing power (dolce sfogato

Definition of: Sfumato, Sfumato (a.) Having vague outlines, and colors and shades

sgabello - ???stool (to sit on)???

SGRAFFITO, 3 of 9. A potter's term, sgraffito means scratching through one
color to get to another.

shad
n.,
pl. shad or shads 5OE sceadd, akin to Norw dial. skadd, prob. < IE base *skct3, to leap, spring up6 any of various marine or freshwater clupeid fishes; esp., a) an American coastal food fish (Alosa sapidissima) b) a species (Dorosoma cepedianum) widely introduced into fresh waters of the U.S. as food for other fish
-
Shakubachi the japanese flûte

SHALOON MAKER,
A person who made "Shaloon" a type of worsted cloth.

shameless, shampoo, shamrock,

we borrowed a shandry, and harnessed my old grey mare,
shank, shapeliness, sharecropper, shark, sharp, sharpener, sharpshod