Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Howye fokes! Do ye remember this from a few years back? Taught I'd give everyone a bita of a Christmas treet fer themselves!

Christmas 2001
WARNING - GENWINE STREIFF BEAR ON THE LOOSE

Howye Fokes! How is things? Haven't been around fer a while. Ya see, I gots a job writen articals on drains and gargoyles and that sorta thing. Imagine me worken fer the Gutter Press - me Mammy is really proud.

Listen, on a more seroius note, did ye know that Santy is short of teddies this year? Well, ye do now!

After a tip off from Goldilocks didn't he orgenise a big huge raid on Slasher's - me local bar - ta round up all the teddies. I'll tell ya, the fight what enscewed was only terrable and ya can take it from Ted that that Rudolf fella won't be the only raindeer with a red nose this Christmas.

Anyways, lookily most of us managed ta escape but me pal MadDogTed is still missen. So I thought with it been Christmas and all that I better give ye all a fear warnen.

If MadDogTed ends up in yer Christmas stocken send him straight back ta Slashers Bar - IMMEDIATELY. He's a rear genwine Streiff bear and he's not very domistikated, ya see. Don't try ta hug him. Don't put a silly bow on him. Don't call him MadDogTed ta his face and whatever ya do - DON'T take him ta bed with ya. Not if ya have any shame, that is.

Don't be fooled by his cute looks either (he's not half as cute as Ted, of course). Them close-set eyes are a ded give away but if yer still in doubt check his left ear fer a button earing in the shape of a half eaten S. If yer still not sure, look fer the "Made in Haste" label on his back. And if yer a bit thick and still haven't copped on, check that ya still have all yer fingers and that yer wallet is still where ya left it.

So ye have been warned - if ya get him from Santy send him back ta Slasher's with a few bottles of rum fer me troubles. I'll tell ye, me nerves are faught with the worry.

A Happy Christmas ta ye now.

Be seein ya

GallantTed

P
veteran
veteran
P
if ya get him from Santy send him back ta Slasher's with a few bottles of rum fer me troubles

I hope you get MadDogTed back in a hurry, GallantTed, but I won't be wurried yule be short of rum.

Seems a pity Santy only visits Slashers once a year. We could use a good BLASHT FROM THE PASHT more often.

Any bear "made in haste"
Is likely to find himself faced
with more than he can bear.

But chances are good
He'll get what he should
Someone ragged as Ted is
To love him.

T
veteran
veteran
T
So ye have been warned - if ya get him from Santy send him back ta Slasher's with a few bottles of rum fer me troubles. I'll tell ye, me nerves are faught with the worry.

In a pigs eye! Truth be known Maddog and Gallant TEd are sitting in Slasher's at this very moment drinking ill-gotten rum that has been sent by kind but gullible people from all over the world.

Get a job, you errant bears. I fell for ye scheme in 2002.
Fool me twice? - shame on you!
"Santa stole the bear" - the oldest con game known to man!

- Milum (whose nerves are fraught by bears)

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm so glad to see that you are staunch environmentalist, Ted. Recycling is an important conservation tactic.

Speaking of recycling, here's a candy cane (*sniff* * sniff* ... I'd date this one from about 1999 ...) for your stocking.

Merry Christmas, Teddy.

#136407 12/27/04 09:46 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I hope yer knot tellin' me ee's back on the goose... are ye? I'll be havin' to be checkin' me wallet evrie strike o'clock or loopin' the chain tied to it around me belt...

... speaking of belts... I'll raise one or two in your direction, GT, for all of the fine merriment you've brought to all bears involved!

OH... and pass the time of day onto Ms. Goldilocks for me, if'n she'll have *it!

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 444 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith