Wordsmith Talk

About Us | What's New | Search | Site Map | Contact Us  

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I certainly would not have known the word kerfuffle out of any context. Had I been subscribing to wwftd way back in them days, I doubt I would remember it. Howmsoeverthemoreorless, in context I would suspect that I would be able to divine the meaning. But no way of knowing that, now.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
BTW, is an habitual and well-practised absquatulator an absquatulatitioner?
Looking in the mirror, were you?

W
wwh Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
W
I have seen numberous reports of people who make purchases on e-bay getting kerfuffled.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Looks like someone's chance to absquatulate without any kerfuffle. In fact, if you decamp with a kerfuffle, then you are most definitely not absquatulating!

BTW, is an habitual and well-practised absquatulator an absquatulatitioner?

Nay, my good sir! To imply a mere opportunistic usurpation of kerfuffling in order to roll our beloved absquatulate out into the light, yet again, is an injustice to the dedication of our calling...for it is our duty! Rhuby, we have liberated abquatulate (and some, uh, new derivatives) for 8 more viewings in this thread alone!...good work compadre! And, now, that you have, indeed, raised a kerfuffle about this, CapK, you see that you can have your absquatulate and kerfuffle it, too!

And, adding the additions of this post, we have now unveiled our sacred word, so far, for a record 15 times on one thread! So put that in your kerfuffle pipe and smoke it! Rhuby, keep up the good work!

R
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
R
Hmmm - - - I read we have now unveiled our sacred word as "... our SCARED word ..."
Enough to make anyone absquatulate, with or without kerfuffle.

In rather more serious tone, and in light of CapK's very serious enquiry, I guess he's right about the impossibility of a conjunction of kerfuffling and absquatulating. The kerfuffle, I assume, is more likely to be a result OF the actions of the absquatulationer than by him/her?

C
C
I've heard the word on just a few occasions here in the south. While some are familiar with it my experience is that people frown, squinch an eyebrow and look at you like you've made up a word.

As far as ebay goes, I love it and have never had any issues that have caused a kerfuffle.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
As far as ebay goes, I love it and have never had any issues that have caused a kerfuffle.

You didn't bid on Elian Gonzalez's inner tube or the million-of-its-kind used post-it note, did you?

B
enthusiast
enthusiast
B
Hmmm - I had no idea that Americans didn't use kerfuffle, since it is so familiar to me and mine. Another example, I guess, of the US/(Canada+UK) divide.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No, but I did get a DVD of the movie:

Elian: On a Raft No One Can Hear You Scream

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hmmm - - - I read we have now unveiled our sacred word as "... our SCARED word ..."
Enough to make anyone absquatulate, with or without kerfuffle.

Scared of sacred, huh? Good, Rhuby! (19 and counting...)

How 'bout...absquatufuffelate? Should be good for something! absquatukerfuffelate?

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,326
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 739 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith