Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Sldgman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I thought the e-mail I received was supposed to be about words, not an opportunity for the writer to express her opinion on religion.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I AGREE!! This is the second time this has happened. The first time I ignored it, but not again. I enjoy this daily email and I really don't want to stop receiving it, but I am fairly offended by the "superman" comment. If they choose not to believe in God, so be it. But don't make fun of me just because I do.

J
stranger
stranger
J
Did you use the feedback link in the email? I did.

Q
stranger
stranger
Q
Ironic, isn't it, that we are quibbling about words? Perhaps you should not be so quick to take offense at the term "superman," as it does aptly describe someone in whose image and likeness many christians say they are made. It is far better to look at the positive side of what she said than to seek out ways to begin a long journey into anger, criticism, resentment and, ultimately, war, albeit with words. Peace.

S
Sldgman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Yes, I think I will do that and find another e-mail listserve that is not so biased against religion.

S
Sldgman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted By: Quim
It is far better to look at the positive side of what she said than to seek out ways to begin a long journey into anger, criticism, resentment and, ultimately, war, albeit with words. Peace.

It is even better if Ann were not to START the journey by her rude and uncalled for sniping at religion. It is totally unnecessary and offensive.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
just FYI, the man behind wordsmith.org is Anu Garg, not Ann.
Anu

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted By: Sldgman
It is far better to look at the positive side of what she said than to seek out ways to begin a long journey into anger, criticism, resentment and, ultimately, war, albeit with words. Peace.

It is even better if Ann were not to START the journey by her rude and uncalled for sniping at religion. It is totally unnecessary and offensive.

I think you mean Anu, who is male.

this discussion has come up here before, as Anu has been open about his "religious" beliefs previously on AWAD, and I think the upshot is that it is his list to do with what he will, and we are all free to choose to stay or go.

we here on the forum, of course, hope you choose to stay to enjoy the dialogue around words.

one might ask if we know the politics and religion of the owners of all the stores and businesses we frequent in our lives, and do we make the choice to shop elsewhere?

formerly known as etaoin...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
t pipped me!

formerly known as etaoin...
S
Sldgman Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Originally Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu
Originally Posted By: Sldgman

I think you mean Anu, who is male.

this discussion has come up here before, as Anu has been open about his "religious" beliefs previously on AWAD, and I think the upshot is that it is his list to do with what he will, and we are all free to choose to stay or go.

we here on the forum, of course, hope you choose to stay to enjoy the dialogue around words.

one might ask if we know the politics and religion of the owners of all the stores and businesses we frequent in our lives, and do we make the choice to shop elsewhere?

Yes, he is free to say whatever he wants and I am also free to say what i want as long as the owner of this discussion board allows me to say it.

Most store and business owners do not make their politics and religion known because they do not want to offend and alienate their customers. My guess is that Anu does not care if he offends people who are religious.

If I went to a store that had posters that ridiculed my faith, I would not give that store my business in the future.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,912
Posts229,283
Members9,179
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV, Heather_Turey, Standy
9,179 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 435 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,510
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith