Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#158329 04/08/06 06:11 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Heres some little true facts:

1: Out of 5214 total users, 3750 of them have never posted.
2: Another 1200 users have only posted 1-10 posts.
3: wwh has more posts than 2.5 times total users.
4: I am bored.

~Ari I'm not that smart, but I might be right.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ari:

It's usually boring around here on the weekends, not, of course, that I am suggesting that anyone anywhere would actually spend otherwise productive work time during the week by posting here. Heaven forfend!

WWH is a retired doctor whose eyesight has deteriorated to the point that he can no longer participate actively. He does use a special optical device to at least read and hopefully respond to IMs. Those of us who have been around here a long time miss him a lot. He and Jackie are particularly close, I believe.

I actually think WWH'ss ribaldry exceeds mine, which is saying something!

TEd
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I like to read stats, too.

formerly known as etaoin...
A
OP Offline
A
I did not mean it to offend anyone by using his User Name, I was just providing some info that I was surprised to see. I thought that one fact about the 3750 users who have never posted was really mind boggling that so many people joined and never posted. Reason for the other facts were just fillers, as I though just one fact would be just to small, so I added a few others and the last one was just the fact that I had to be bored to find all that. I am sorry for WWH, hopefully reading isn't his favorite hobby otherwise it would be almost unbearable. Reminds me of the Twilight Zone where this man who worked as a bank teller loved reading, and everyone thought it was a waste of time. Im sure you know which one I speak of, it is a very famous one. And as life screams at us when we are born, "It's not fair."

Also I didn't mean that its boring here, I am new, there could be tons of posts I could read up on. Although it might be somthing I might want to post somthing and that I wouldn't because it's been finished before, and ole'timers might ignore it anyhow. I was bored because Im at home with nothing to do. I'm still a student in a average Lower-Middle class High School and the teaches as you may think are spread out from good to less average. Mainly because they have to deal with the sorta kids that live here. I am not blaming it on them as it sounds, I did my fair-share of undermining the teacher as well.

To keep the post's subject intact as much as possible, why do you think so many people joined and never posted? Do you think they found it boring? Or because they thought they would have nothing to say? Maybe even just never had time and forgot about it.

~Ari I'm not that smart, but I might be right.
B
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
B
Hi Ari,

I think people register their when they come to see what this site is about.

If it doesn't suit their fancy, they just don't post.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I also think that we can be a bit intimidating. If someone registered during one of the hot times, they would certianly not want to join a board in such turmoil. Even when there is not a flame war going on, there can be shortness, sharpness, hypercriticality, crabby mutterings, impatience, intolerance and other bad habits demonstrated, particularly to noobs. Why risk it?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
> certianly

sheesh, can't you spell? or at least use a spell check?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
cer - tian - ly

cer = an emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.

tian = 1. household French gratin dish: a square or rectangular French casserole dish originally used for baking foods au gratin; 2. food dish baked in tian: a dish that is baked in a tian [Mid-20th century. Via Provençal < Greek t&#275;ganon "frying pan"]

ly = adverbial suffix.

Therefor, as anybody but that ignoramus eta would know, "certianly" means an action conditioned by an emotional response produced by being cooked in a French gratin dish.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
oh, cheese whiz.

I would have believed you if you said you were referencing Sir KcKellen's breath mints...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
OH MY! You mentioned Cheese whiz near the Padre? Oh dear! It was nice knowin' ya!

TEd
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jackie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics13,913
Posts229,328
Members9,182
Most Online3,341
Dec 9th, 2011
Newest Members
Ineffable, ddrinnan, TRIALNERRA, befuddledmind, KILL_YOUR_SUV
9,182 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Top Posters
wwh 13,858
Faldage 13,803
Jackie 11,613
tsuwm 10,542
wofahulicodoc 10,539
LukeJavan8 9,916
AnnaStrophic 6,511
Wordwind 6,296
of troy 5,400
Disclaimer: Wordsmith.org is not responsible for views expressed on this site. Use of this forum is at your own risk and liability - you agree to hold Wordsmith.org and its associates harmless as a condition of using it.

Home | Today's Word | Yesterday's Word | Subscribe | FAQ | Archives | Search | Feedback
Wordsmith Talk | Wordsmith Chat

© 1994-2024 Wordsmith