Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie An other question - 08/05/05 06:51 PM
Do you-all think it is time to write to Anu and ask him if he'll do something about the problem? I'll do it (unless somebody else wants to volunteer), though it may take me a couple of days: my dau. is on her way home from vacation with an injury, and I expect dealing with that is going to occupy a fair amount of my time. Though I think we should all keep in mind that just because we ask doesn't mean something will be done.

If anyone would prefer not to post, feel free to send me a PM.

Two things: given my foreseen shortage of time, if you have any examples to cite, or any comments you would like passed on to Anu, that would help me out. If I don't get any PM's, and responses to this thread indicate that yes, we should try, I may just refer Anu here. If I do get PM's, I would like either: permission to quote to him, OR specify for me not to quote from you, please. Thanks.

Posted By: inselpeter Re: An other question - 08/05/05 10:06 PM
Jackie,

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter's injury; I hope things go well for you both.

Yes, I think someone should write Anu, and I still think yoiu are the best person to do it. I'm sorry that the timing is so difficult. I don't think a lot of "evidence" need be brought; the place is reif with it. Still, if you need help, I'm sure some of us can gather it for you.

Insel

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: An other question - 08/05/05 10:43 PM
Jackie, I'll E you with some ideas on Monday. And yes, I agree you're the best for this job; thank you for taking it on. I hope all is well with your girl.

Posted By: Jackie Re: An other question - 08/06/05 02:21 AM
I don't mind, really. And, thanks, you-all; all I know so far is that she hurt her ankle last night, and that as of this morning it was hurting "really badly" despite her having kept ice on it. She'll be home in another few hours; reckon we'll be seeing a Dr. tomorrow. And, I may be having to do a fair amount of "waiting on" in the near future. We went out this evening and borrowed a pair of crutches, though, so that should help her out.

Posted By: tsuwm Re: An other question - 08/06/05 02:23 AM
Jackie,

As you know, a petition was started some time back that was not followed through with at the time, due to a calming of the situation.

Here it is now, with signatures appended as received to date. You may want to edit actual names back in for submission to Anu; I have edited them out for posting here.
All who want to can reply here now to have their names added.

In reply to:

We the undersigned support the notion that the moderator(s) of this public forum should have the power to limit the amount of unsolicited spam and unwarranted flaming to which users are subjected. We support the codifying of this stance via a publicly posted message, appropriately highlighted. Here is an example of such an announcement:

[insert appropriate disclaimer here]

Moderator intercession may include the locking of threads, deletion of individual posts, or deletion of entire threads -- with the understanding that these actions would only be undertaken when normal communications and especially PMs have failed to resolve a conflict.

signed,
maverick
musick
Jackie
Father Steve
Zed
AnnaStrophic
Wordwind (in absentia)
dxb
Sparteye
tsuwm
Capfka
Fiberbabe (in absentia)
maxqnz
etaoin
inselpeter
TEd (& Peggy) (in absentia)
of troy
WhitmanO'Neill

Posted By: lindajeane Re: An other question - 08/06/05 05:02 AM
Possibly there is an archived link some of us newbies or some of us short-term-memory-lossed folk might be directed to for history on this conversation? Or maybe we don't have a need to know . . . which is sometimes a welcomed relief.

Posted By: Father Steve Re: An other question - 08/06/05 06:49 AM
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=143196

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: An other question - 08/06/05 03:11 PM
Thanks, Jackie.

PS: Father Steve, you can shorten your link to:

http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=143196

and get the same results without widening the page.

Posted By: johnjohn Re: An other question - 08/07/05 10:11 PM
As a long time member (but infrequent poster), I endorse this petition wholeheartedly

Johnjohn

Posted By: nancyk Re: An other question - 08/07/05 11:36 PM
yep. What johnjohn said.

nancyk

Posted By: Churl Pat Re: An other question - 08/08/05 12:06 AM
Please add my name, though I question whether the asked-for powers are going to be sufficient to stop the atrocious behaviour that has been evidenced here by plutarch and his alter egos.

Curly

Posted By: Faldage Re: An other question - 08/08/05 10:23 AM
You can add me to the list, too. I still maintain that ignoring him is the best policy (it works for me) but at least having an ignore list, as some boards do, would be better.

Posted By: Owlbow Re: An other question - 08/08/05 05:50 PM
Add my name too, or ignore it, as you will.
I missed you all(most).
Love OB
Jackie & daughter:- good luck with the ankle.
PS I've been working on some little stories. I don't have a blog or what have you, so do you think it improper for me to post these memories in I&a? The 1st 3 have been published in our little community paper.
I have very limited time here, so please undestand - I wish I had more.

Posted By: inselpeter Re: An other question - 08/08/05 11:01 PM
>>Stories

What would all you others say to posting those in the 'looking for writers' section?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: An other question - 08/08/05 11:17 PM
..or English as a Global Language?

Posted By: Jackie Re: An other question - 08/10/05 03:06 PM
Okay--I just sent off a letter to Anu. [gulp]

FTR: we found out that my dau. pulled a tendon on the inside of her foot; doc wrapped it and said to stay off it for a week. I certainly hope all the pain is gone by next Wed.--she goes back to college then. This summer is likely to be the last extended period of time she'll live here: we already know she'll be staying at school taking a couple of classes next summer, which will be the prelude to her senior year. So, if she gets a job out of town, or gets married shortly after graduating, we'll only have her for short visits from now on... [sob]

Posted By: inselpeter Re: An other question - 08/10/05 10:02 PM
>>[sob]

Hugs

xox

Posted By: amnow Re: An other question - 08/12/05 06:38 PM
Jackie,
Don't feel too sorry. Somehow, unless they get REALLY good jobs (far away) or get married (and this is not necessarily true), they do keep coming back!! amnow

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: An other question - 08/12/05 07:23 PM
An empty nest is an empty dream! I hate to think how old I am gonna be before I can expect to experience that.

Posted By: Sparteye wishing for that empty nest - 08/12/05 09:49 PM
As I've said before, Jackie, you may borrow, rent or buy my boys ANY TIME.

© Wordsmith.org