Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jackie NCAA - 03/28/05 12:54 AM
Sparteye:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It would have been so nice if Kentucky had two teams in the Final Four...

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Read and enjoy - 03/28/05 01:11 AM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/college/basketball/la-sp-louisville27mar27,1,2190677.story?coll=la-headlines-sports&ctrack=2&cset=true

Still, one out of four ain't bad!
Posted By: tsuwm Re: NCAA - 03/28/05 03:21 AM
>so nice if Kentucky had two teams in the Final Four.

instead we have two Big Ten teams; which means one of two only things: a) all of the pundits were wrong about how poor the Big Ten was this year (outside of Ilinois), b) parity has really been reached with the talent drain to the NBA, or c) both of the above.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: NCAA - 03/30/05 04:27 PM

AND, the MSU women are now in their Final Four.

GO GREEN!!!!

Posted By: nancyk Re: GO GREEN - 03/30/05 05:46 PM
Sparteye, ordinarily our family is "M Go Blue" but in this case (especially since U-M isn't in the running ), home state loyalty trumps school allegiance and I'm rooting for MSU! Don't tell my kids.

Posted By: Sparteye Re: GO GREEN - 03/30/05 05:48 PM
I dub thee an honorary Spartan for the week.

Posted By: Jackie Re: NCAA - 04/03/05 04:54 AM
Well, the championship game is set, now. Sorry, Sparteye--I was all set to root for the Spartans to win it all after UofL's loss. Here's a toast to our two valiant teams.

Illinois 72, Louisville 57.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
North Carolina pulls away in the second half, stifling a determined Michigan State club en route to a 87-71 victory. UNC will face Illinois in the NCAA Championship game.

Posted By: Father Steve Re: NCAA - 04/03/05 05:45 AM
After Louisville beat the Huskies of the University of Washington, it seems the LEAST they could have done was go on to the championship game.

Posted By: Faldage Re: NCAA - 04/03/05 09:45 AM
Basketball is evil

Posted By: Jackie Re: NCAA - 04/04/05 01:28 AM
the LEAST they could have done was go on to the championship game.
I and at least half a million other people agree with that...

Posted By: Father Steve Re: NCAA - 04/04/05 02:45 AM
In an interesting twist on rivalry and sportsmanship, the fans in Seattle were pretty solidly behind Louisville. I guess the idea was that, if we can't go to the Final Four, at least the team that beat us should.

Posted By: TEd Remington Whom to root for? - 04/04/05 07:41 AM
My kids have one grandfather whose alma mater is Illinois and the other went to UNC. They're rooting for a tie.

From what I've read Illinois appearsto have the edge, but as Peggy says, if the Lord didn't favor North Carolina, why did he make the sky Tarheel blue?

© Wordsmith.org