Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Father Steve Call the Repairman - 09/27/04 05:25 AM
The Board is not working right tonight. Anybody else notice? It takes forever to load each page and about half of the time one gets an error message rather than the page on which one clicked.

Who do we call when this happens? Does Anu work nights? Is there another little man behind the curtain? Perhaps one with a wrench?

Posted By: wow Re: Call the Repairman - 09/29/04 02:36 PM
I did - called the Guru Repairman, that is.
Now I do what he said.
Shut down, restart. Daily,
If that fails, close everything. Shut down. Unplug the computer. Re-plug. Re-Start.
Now we will hear from the cognoscenti who will yell No! No! and yet again No!
Better check with the guy you bought the computer from. OR, Read The Frickin' Manual
Works every time.

Posted By: Father Steve Re: Call the Repairman - 09/30/04 01:03 AM
As the problem appears to have self-corrected, I had no opportunity to attempt the shut down / restart method of repair. But thanks!

Posted By: Father Steve Re: Call the Repairman - 10/04/04 05:18 AM
Once again, tonight, it is taking 30-60 seconds for each page (!) to load on the AWADtalk website. It is not that the site is overcrowded as I appear to be the only one here. It is not that my computer is misbehaving, as it has been happy on numerous other websites this evening. Am I the only one having these problems? Could it be an evil djin living in my computer?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Call the Repairman - 10/04/04 09:24 AM
I was going to reply to this, but it was taking too long....

it's very slow today. most of the time.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Call the Repairman - 10/05/04 07:54 PM
Padre, blame it on Mt St Helens semi-erupting. That's as good a reason as any other!

Posted By: Jackie Re: Call the Repairman - 10/06/04 01:20 PM
Yep, Father Steve--it took so long on my last post that it finally went to "Page Cannot Be Found".

© Wordsmith.org