Wordsmith.org
Posted By: maahey Thanksgiving day! :-) - 11/27/03 04:05 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Hope you have a GREAT time with family and friends!

PS: just came to me...why is the giving attached to the thanks without a space or a hyphen even?

Posted By: Jackie Re: Thanksgiving day! :-) - 11/27/03 04:14 AM
Well, you beat me by just a few minutes, maahey! Thanks!

Posted By: dodyskin Re: Thanksgiving day! :-) - 11/27/03 02:22 PM
Happy Thanksgiving all USns on the board

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Thanksgiving day! :-) - 11/27/03 02:31 PM
Much to be very thankful for, especially for so much freedom, even though I was at school till nearly 8:00 p.m. yesterday so that today I could be thankful not to have any papers to grade...

Very thankful for those people who so generously share their lives and education with us--for the passing on of good advice (even thankful for Thoreau's saying he'd never taken anyone's advice because there's good advice in even that point of view)-- thankful for every gift, especially those gifts that people are probably completely unaware they're giving in their quiet humility.

I'm thankful that the heat was on this morning up at Concord Presbyterian--and that the people there were so happy to be together giving thanks as a congregation before returning in their jeans and sweaters back home to feast on the great aromas developing there.

We read a curious psalm of thanksgiving that was curious because of a line about a people who could not eat--and how the Lord had rescued them and made them whole again. So, I'm also thankful for curiosity, for someone here or somewhere will eventually explain to me why the people in one of David's psalms could not eat.

Anyway, I'm also thankful for all of you here on AWAD who show so much patience and good humor and always share your bountiful knowledge. Blessings to all of you, especially on this day.

And, tsuwm, I didn't even have to blink: meleagrine is now permanently sealed in brainy Glad Wrap.

© Wordsmith.org