Wordsmith.org
Posted By: emanuela help for next chat(s) - 12/25/00 09:13 AM
I am trying to connect to http://wordsmith.org/chat, but then, following the links for the future chats , always something wrong happens, and I have a a message of error (protection error or something similar). I don't know if it is due to my - archaic - computer or if it is a problem of the links - since the link to the transcript of the past chat works fine.
Has anyone similar problems?
Ciao
Emanuela

Posted By: Bingley Re: help for next chat(s) - 12/25/00 09:42 AM
Emanuela, I had a look at the information about David Crystal last week and it was working fine then. In fact, I've just re-checked and it's still working. Unfortunately I don't know enough to say anything helpful about your problem. Perhaps you could give more details about your set-up.

Bingley
Posted By: Jackie Re: help for next chat(s) - 12/26/00 12:16 PM
I just tried it, E., and had no problem. What you said
about protection makes me wonder if this is the same
mysterious problem that maverick, jmh, and shona had a few weeks ago.
Now--be sure and tell us, after you build your unicycle, how long it takes you to learn to ride it while
juggling three balls!

Posted By: Bingley Re: help for next chat(s) - 12/28/00 03:19 PM
Emanuela, have you managed to sort your chat problem out? I noticed you there at the last one, but if any other regular AWADer was there, they were using a different name. I hope you make it to the David Crystal chat, it should be very interesting. Those who've been here a while will know I refer to his books a lot on matters linguaphilic.

Bingley
Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: help for next chat(s) - 12/28/00 06:17 PM
Bingley, is he any relation to Billy?

Posted By: Bingley Re: help for next chat(s) - 01/01/01 09:44 AM
I think Billy changed his name to Crystal as a tribute.

But such a shame we never got to speak to him. I hope Anu manages to re-schedule the chat.
Bingley
Posted By: Jackie Re: help for next chat(s) - 01/01/01 12:54 PM
Yes, Prof. Crystal couldn't get around his--what is it?--
fire wall, or something like that, I think Anu said.

It was nice of him to fill in, and it was a good chat.
He can be funny when he wants to, I learned! :-)

© Wordsmith.org