Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind Display Preferences - 02/28/03 02:49 PM
When we edit our profiles here under 'Display Preferences,' we have the choice of languages, including two types of Chinese. What would happen, I wonder, if we were to switch languages under Preferences? Would the site suddenly go all-Chinese or all-French? I'm really tempted to try!

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Display Preferences - 02/28/03 02:52 PM
Bienvenue, Wordwind. Vous avez 0 nouveaux messages.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Display Preferences - 02/28/03 02:52 PM
Go on Dub-dub - be a devil!

the only trouble is that if it succeeds, you won;t be able to tell us about it in any sort of comprehensible manner (except to the several hundred Chinese speakers on the board, of course.)

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Display Preferences - 02/28/03 02:54 PM
Oh, this is funny! I just tried to put something in blue, only I spelled blue "blue"--and the French code wouldn't read it, so I had to change it to "bleu" in order to get it in blue! This is gonna be fun! Be right back with some Chinese!

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Display Preferences - 02/28/03 02:57 PM
I think this means Information and Announcements in Chinese:

"±Æ§Ç¤èªk : ¥H¤é´Á±Æ§Ç, ¶V·sªº±Æ¶V«e­±(«Øij)"

....but as far as I know, it could mean: Your mother is a dipstick! [Why, by the way, do we call people 'dipsticks'?]

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Display Preferences - 02/28/03 03:10 PM
Surely it would be, "Your Mother is a chopstick"?

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Display Preferences - 03/02/03 05:09 AM
I think this means Information and Announcements in Chinese:

"±Æ§Ç°Ëèªk : ¥H°Ëé´Á±Æ§Ç, ¶V·sªº±Æ¶V«eú±(«ØÄ©¯)"

I think it means you don't have a Chinese font installed on your computer.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Display Preferences - 03/02/03 05:40 AM
I think it means you don't have a Chinese font installed on your computer.

No, Jazzo...those are the brand new modern Chinese glyph characters. Don't you think Dub-Dub would've caught such a, uhhh, "diversion" in character, not to mention that the Chinese now write horizontally instead of vertically? She knows all that. Her computer must have the new Chinese alphabet font installed, way ahead of us. Sheesh! Why'd'ja hafta try to embarrass her in public for?

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Display Preferences - 03/02/03 10:47 AM
©

That should have been a dead giveaway!

© Wordsmith.org