Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 01/30/03 11:08 PM
Posted By: rav Re: Now this game is fun! - 01/31/03 07:23 AM
i'm weak.. :(

Posted By: Capfka Re: Now this game is fun! - 01/31/03 07:43 AM
Test your strength - what?

- Pfranz
Posted By: dxb Re: Now this game is fun! - 01/31/03 07:50 AM
Fun - but a quick way to become a Carpal Tunnel!

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/03/03 12:04 AM
Ok, I'm confused. I played it twice and the dots never got below half empty but the rhino still pulled the guys away at about 2:00:50 both times. How in the world do you last longer?

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/03/03 12:10 AM
Jazz,

You should have been ok. There are other players--real?--who have times longer than yours, so I wouldn't think that yours should have timed out.

And the little guys don't have to have even half of the dots to stay. I think it's supposed to end when you have oe of the guys without any strength. I'd say try again on another day to see what happens. I haven't lasted longer than 1:19 the two times I've played it.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/03/03 02:40 AM
I think it's supposed to end when you have oe of the guys without any strength.

Perhaps, but none of mine got anywhere near zero and it still made them all fly off at 2:00:47 each time.

Posted By: Bingley Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/03/03 04:28 AM
You played the game for more than 2 hours?!? I got bored after about 1 minute and hit the back button.

Bingley
Posted By: Rubrick Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/03/03 09:36 AM
Perhaps, but none of mine got anywhere near zero and it still made them all fly off at 2:00:47 each time.

They don't have to reach zero. It's the combined strength that matters. Once a number of them start to get weak then that's enough for the rhino to win.

That said, I too also got bored with it after one go. Sorry.

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/05/03 01:49 AM
I'm with Bingley and Rubrick....I didn't see the point, really, of just sitting here constantly topping up the little guys' strength discs or whatever they were. Eventually I stopped trying and just waited to see what would happen. In two minutes, the rhino pulled them all away. I wanted to kiss it. I'm never going back!

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/05/03 03:32 AM
You played the game for more than 2 hours?!?

Um, no. That's 2 minutes and 47/100ths of a second

Posted By: Bingley Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/05/03 04:52 AM
And there was me about to take back everything I'd ever said about decreasing attention spans.

Bingley
Posted By: Rubrick Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/05/03 08:54 AM
I'm sorry. What was that?

Posted By: Bingley Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/06/03 03:33 AM
What was what?

Bingley
Posted By: doc_comfort Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/06/03 03:38 AM
That.

Understudy to Ron O.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/06/03 09:35 AM
Just a comment on this little bit of a way to waste your time: The Game:

All mice are not created equal. My left-click button on this laptop is rather stiff--if requires a lot of pressure, comparatively speaking. And it has a touch pad instead of a mouse. So, when I played the game, I played with a fake mouse.

Now on to Modgod: I noticed, while playing, that as the seconds played increased--and I was madly trying to fill in those circles with dots that were quickly disappearing--that the disappearance rate of dots disappearing increased as I increased my speed of moving from pulling man to pulling man. Your own admission that you dropped out and just let the game finish itself out intrigues me. I wonder whether the fact you dropped out early due to boredom left those men losing dots at a very slow rate thereby increasing your time to over two minutes without doing anything at all. I'm intrigued enough to go back to the site later today and see whether that lazy-bones strategy would work for me,too--not that it was actually a strategy for you, but.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/07/03 03:15 PM
>> Now this game is fun! <<

Sorry, Dub-dub but - - - no, it isn't.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/07/03 03:37 PM
Well, Rhubarb, I had fun playing it two times. Sigh. You win some and others spin out all squirrely...

Posted By: Rubrick Re: Now this game is fun! - 02/07/03 04:09 PM
>> Now this game is fun! <<

Sorry, Dub-dub but - - - no, it isn't.

No, no. It was a typo. What she meant to type was "Now this game is dum!"

Sorry, WW!

© Wordsmith.org