Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu my group on NPR - 12/24/02 06:26 PM
not sure if this is appropriate or not, but anyway...

my group, Counterpoint, will be performing in the last 15 minutes of NPR's Performance Today. today! so around 2:45 pm EST you can hear me singing with the group, directed by Robert De Cormier.

hope you can tune in!

Posted By: wofahulicodoc Re: my group on NPR - 12/24/02 06:48 PM
Do you suppose this is the same Bob DeCormier who in the summer of 1953 led the kids at Camp Woodlands (Phonecia, NY) in a cantata he had written called "Sojourner Truth"? I wonder if you might ask him for me ?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: my group on NPR - 12/24/02 06:52 PM
I'm quite sure it would be the same. I will ask him, however. Bob has always been involved in issues of social change, "Sojourner Truth" sounds right up his alley!

(And of course does he still have a copy of the music? My sister and I were both at the camp that year. I can still sing the refrain, but nothing more; I'd love to see/hear it again from a more mature viewpoint!)

Posted By: Faldage Re: my group on NPR - 12/24/02 08:28 PM
Oh. We were napping. And they don't seem to have any sound files.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: my group on NPR - 12/24/02 08:51 PM
ah, bummer.

you can go to our web site:
http://www.counterpointchorus.com
and hear some samples, and order our CD and videos.

I'm surprised that NPR doesn't keep sound archives...

Posted By: milum Re: my group on NPR - 12/24/02 10:03 PM
I tried, vocal etaoin, to catch your group on the Tuscaloosa station at 1:45 CDT + but Performance Today had Wagner running into the 2:00 news, and Wagner needed a lot of time.

I'm proud of you all anyway.

Posted By: magimaria Re: my group on NPR - 12/25/02 04:44 PM
Etoin,

Unfortunately, I too missed the performance yesterday, but I thought of it often as I rushed about with last minute (food) shopping for unexpected friends and relatives who are on the way.

In my youth I lived with my own Roger, a jazz musician/composer, now passed away. So I have always been fond of your posts. His mother and father were folkies who sang with the Weavers; perhaps they crossed paths with your Director. Anyway, from that wonderful immersion in the lives of musicians, I will always support these fine folk, anyway that I can. Thank you for sharing that with us here.

Blessings, to all of you....MagiMaria

Posted By: Faldage Re: my group on NPR - 12/25/02 04:51 PM
surprised that NPR doesn't keep sound archives

Often they do. I was surprised that PT doesn't.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: my group on NPR - 12/26/02 02:58 PM
thank you all for your interest and kind words! hopefully you'll hear more from us!

roger

© Wordsmith.org