Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm post counts (again!) - 12/01/02 05:42 PM
someone (who shall remain nameless for the nonce) has been posting and deleting (a whole lot of) posts this weekend, I suppose in the effort to (artificially) boost post count.
what a silly thing....

Posted By: Wordwind Re: post counts (again!) - 12/01/02 05:46 PM
And why?

And what a waste of time.

But why? What's the big deal?

I wish the person in question would provide an answer...???

Posted By: wwh Re: post counts (again!) - 12/01/02 06:37 PM
If anybody wants to up their post counts, why don't they look up the spelling bee words,
and post about them. I have just about finished the Baltimore list, but if somebody else
wants to do the donkey work of posting from the National one, I'd be glad to abdicate
in their favor. I sure am not intested in upping my count, which is a bit embarrassing.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: post counts (again!) - 12/01/02 06:52 PM
ah, that would explain the mysterious new posts that aren't there when I look! whew, thought I was going mad...

Posted By: Wordwind Re: post counts (again!) - 12/01/02 07:08 PM
No, et, you're not going mad. Apparently (mebbe) somebody else is.

Posted By: wofahulicodoc rapid transit - 12/01/02 09:43 PM
Can something be amiss with the software somewhere? I noticed it at post No. 200, exactly, and than post No. 406.

But do we really care/mind? Unless it's slowing down the Board noticeably?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: rapid transit - 12/01/02 09:55 PM
>But do we really care/mind? Unless it's slowing down the Board noticeably?

activity on the board was itself too slow for this to matter but. having a forum constantly being flagged "new" and then finding nothing there was at least a nuisance..

Posted By: wwh Re: rapid transit - 12/01/02 10:02 PM
There ;may be a gremlin in the software. About a week ago, I sent message to webmaster
because a whole bunch of old posts had "New" after them, which was not removed even
after I looked at them several times.

Posted By: magimaria Re: rapid transit - 12/01/02 10:44 PM
Well, now you all have me thoroughly confused. As though this isn't odd enough for a stranger to navigate, I see that I am not crazy, but that something is amiss here. I'll just keep scrounging around trying to get a handle on things.

I am having fun following all of you....

mm

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: rapid transit - 12/02/02 09:40 AM
re. one's post count

.. it's a matter of quality not quantity.

btw, welcome mm :-)

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: post counts (again!) - 12/02/02 01:30 PM
post counts

Isn't that what accountants for the Postal Service do?

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: post counts (again!) - 12/02/02 01:35 PM
post counts

It is what the British Diplomatic Service does to its aristocratic members.

Posted By: milum Re: post counts (again!) - 12/02/02 03:54 PM
Look, if I was the one that did this, I didn't do it, it was one of my pesky granddaughters who like to play with my computer when they come over for a visit and find me passed out asleep on the couch. I offered to sell the lot of them them to a passing band of wild indians but was turned down.

But whoever committed this unconscionable breech of board etiquette, assuming it wasn't me, doesn't deserve to be in the company of even the most lowest of the low of the Carpal Tunnels on this board, who by the latest numeral count, I understand to be WhitmanO'Neill.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: post counts (again!) - 12/02/02 04:30 PM
the most lowest of the low of the Carpal Tunnels on this board,

So would that be the least worst of the highest posters, or the most lowest of the high?

BTW, this Carpal Tunnel is kinda dark, it's getting tough to see the words anymore! Hey! We have a spelunkering exploratory adventurous type right'chere in our very midst, we do! I hereby elevate milum to Instant Carpal Tunnel Caver so he can forge the way for us Tunnel Folk in all these deep, dark, and dank caverns..."where are the words, where are the words!!? Help! I can't see any of the words anywmore...."

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: post counts (again!) - 12/02/02 10:10 PM
Don't forget, Juan. Every Carpel Tunnel needs its troll ...

© Wordsmith.org