Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Jazzoctopus Fusion Anomaly - 11/14/02 03:14 AM
I just watched Gattaca (a movie which, after one viewing, has become one of my favorites) and I was googling for info on the buildings used in the film when I stumbled across a strange website calling itself fUSION Anomaly. It appears to be some sort of odd stream-of-conciousness, encyclopedic body of knowledge on a wide range of subjects. It's probably just some guy compiling info on things that interest him, but it's all of the pages are interlinked, so it's a fun browse, and there's so much there! It's not exactly totally word related (though most of the topics have definitions at the beginning) but I figured that many of you would find it interesting:

http://fusionanomaly.net/

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Fusion Anomaly - 11/14/02 04:35 AM
Hey, Jazzo! I found plenty linguistic relevance on the first click...a whole page with the meaning and etymology of fusion and fusionist!

AND the fifth definition is this:

5. Music: Jazz-rock (now we know why you had to find the this site! )

And I loved this saying:

"And remember: you are what you cache..."

Posted By: Jackie Re: Fusion Anomaly - 11/14/02 12:49 PM
Whoa, COOL graphic! I'm looking at it and thinking, "Help me-ee-ee..."! The guy certainly has a sense of the funny: CopyleftfUSIONAnomaly. 1997-2002 - all objects found, mixed and compiled by Atomjack - all rites reversed
This is really neat, JazzO. I've already ordered a book based on his citations (the one on dimensions), and of course have bookmarked the site. Thanks!

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Fusion Anomaly - 11/14/02 01:00 PM
"a stone is frozen music"

Posted By: belligerentyouth Re: Fusion Anomaly - 11/14/02 02:09 PM
> Fusion Anomaly

...Jazz, you've stumbled on one of my favourite sites on the Net!!!
It's a who's-who of human development, so hold on tight for a ride through abstract thought..
Check out 'Language', 'Memes', 'Chuang Tzu's Chaos Linguistics', and, of course Terence 'the-world-is-made-of-language' McKenna for some great reads.

information wants to be free

© Wordsmith.org