Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind Is the board slow loading? - 09/27/02 09:17 PM
Is it just my computer or are the pages loading slowly tonight (EDT)?

Posted By: tsuwm Re: Is the board slow loading? - 09/27/02 09:35 PM
it's pretty bad, reminds me of the situation before Anu finally broke down and got a new server last year.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Is the board slow loading? - 09/27/02 09:47 PM
No problem here? (I'm using IE)

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Is the board slow loading? - 09/27/02 10:33 PM
Things seem to be back to normal here.

I dumped all my temporary internet files and cookies, but that didn't make any difference a couple of hours back. When I signed back on, the pages came up at a normal rate. Don't know whether there was a connection between dumping the files earlier and the good speed I'm enjoying now.

Posted By: musick Re: Is the board slow loading? - 09/28/02 08:18 PM
it's pretty bad, reminds me of the situation before Anu finally broke down and got a new server last year.

Something tells me he changed his host/ISP as well.

-----------------------

WW - Think of it this way... It's 5pm on a Friday. Everybody is no longer accomplishing anything at work, so they are all blasting away the end of the day e-mails with all the jokes, pics, junk mail forwarding, "hey honey where would you like to eat tonight"'s, downloading every menu from here to the actual Chineese restaurants, playing online bridge, finding out (one last time) their bank account balance and then paying bills, downloading the weatherchannel's doppler radar 6 picture screen display and burning that mp3 collection off the site that you've been building all week.

There's little room left for much else to squeeze through those ever "decreasing in size" ancient ISP routers...

It won't be long before you'll have to use paper again...

© Wordsmith.org