Wordsmith.org
Posted By: vika announcement - 08/15/02 04:26 PM
By this post I officially announce (bam-bam-bam!) that I would be grateful for any corrections of my language mistakes in thread posts and personal messages.

I understands that is quite boring and usually people pay money to those who seeks and finds their faults (they are called teachers) but if you are in a bad mood or simply can not stand my mutilation of beautiful English language – you are welcome to inform me – no offence will be taken.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: announcement - 08/15/02 05:59 PM
Hi, Vika - do you prefer that corrections be made via Private Messages or on the open board?

(of course, if we do it on the open board, we are certain to all fall out with each other by correcting you in several different versions of the beautiful, but multifarious, English language )

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Vika-speak - 08/16/02 11:56 AM
Hello, Vika.

Sometimes your English is impeccable; sometimes it needs a little help. Are you more fluent in some subject areas than others (yet grammar itself shouldn't matter)?

I'll be glad to help, being a translator myself. As Rhuby asked, would you prefer public or private?

Posted By: vika Re: Vika-speak - 08/16/02 07:17 PM
thanks to everybody who replied publicly or privately to my announcement. yes, I prefer to be corrected privately because otherwise it can interfere with a flow of the thread (btw, articles are the main difficulty. Russian doesn't have it and I put them almost at random).
Fluency? I do not open "Wordplay and fun" 'cos it's far beyond me but I hope I am close to any professional - a lot of professional terms + "everyday talk". I read British newspapers and understand 99.9% of words.

I am glad to be contacted by a translator. I had a pleasure to be helped by ModestGoddess but she announced that she's going to spend less time there. I prefer to see her around!

© Wordsmith.org