Wordsmith.org
Posted By: tsuwm something incredibly blovious - 08/14/02 04:55 PM
has anyone else noticed that our "political thread" is taking a looong time to load?! it's around 250 Kbytes, not to mention that it has more than the requiisite... site... site 99 replies.

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/14/02 05:39 PM
I've noticed. I haven't been reading it but.

Posted By: Chemeng1992 Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/14/02 06:32 PM
<I haven't been reading it but.>

I ain't no inglish major, but is there something missing ere?

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/14/02 06:49 PM
It's Aussie-speak, Chemeng. (not that I am one but).

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 11:01 AM
S'right, Chemeng - I was there when the finer points of its usage were explained to us. We don't know if we're doing it right, as it was explained by a Zildian, but. Hi, CapK

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 11:03 AM
our "political thread" is taking a looong time to load?! ... and even longer to read
(which is why I've goven up bothering to!)

Posted By: Faldage Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:07 PM
I've goven up bothering to!

You might even say you forwent reading it.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:18 PM
The inability of my finger to distinguish between "i" and "o" keys makes me look like a bithering idiot!

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:37 PM
are there any statistics covering the most frequent typing errors? I realize that many get corrected without ever being read, but just wondering. I know that I mess up I and O more than anything else.
this may open up discussion of Dvorak keyboards and the like, but, hey, that could be fun.

Posted By: Faldage Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:38 PM
Oh, Rhuby, you mistake me. Far from calling you an odoit, I had assumed you were using goven jocularly.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:41 PM
I had assumed you were using goven jocularly

No - I forwent jocularity this time.

Posted By: Faldage Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:41 PM
statistics covering the most frequent typing errors

And are there any spell checkers that take them into account? I most frequently reverse letters, particularly when they are in oppostie hands. Another is getting pgg regoister or, what I call fumble fingers, hitting two adjacent keys simultaneously.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 12:45 PM
I am much the same, but in my case it is alloyed with a firm belief that I can't get any thing wrong. This makes proof reading un-necessary.

Posted By: of troy Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 01:38 PM

should that be No - I forwent jocularity this tome?

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 01:43 PM
In reply to:

that would be a forst...

Posted By: Faldage Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 01:47 PM
I forwent jocularity this time.

I suppose you can be forgoven.

Posted By: RhubarbCommando Re: something incredibly blovious - 08/15/02 01:47 PM
this tome

As usual, OT, one word from you is worth a volume.

© Wordsmith.org