Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Capfka Hi There - 06/28/02 09:49 PM
I'm Capfka, Pfranz to my friends. Hi, all!

Posted By: nancyk Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 10:38 PM
Welcome aBoard, Capfka! May this be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, so that everyone here may call you Pfranz.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 11:02 PM
Why thank you Nancy. I feel sure I'll have friends here.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 11:02 PM
Hello, Capfka Pfranz.

Pfelicitations to you pfor many pfestive, pfortuitous, pfriendly, pfun-pfilled conversations among our pfabulous pfriends here.

Best regards,
DubDub

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 11:11 PM
Pfthank pfyou, Pfdub Pfdub. I pfshall pfrub pfalong pfquite pfnicely I pfbelieve!

Posted By: consuelo Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 11:17 PM
Welcome to the board, Capfka. I hope you'll enjoy it here and return time and again to discuss words with us. We'll all be Phranz in no time.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 06/28/02 11:38 PM
Murky buck-ups, Consuelo. I look pforward to a continued and interesting correspondence!

Posted By: consuelo Re: Hi There - 06/29/02 12:00 AM
Murky buck-ups? That is a new one on me. Can we have a definition? That would be ever so fun, I'm thinking.

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 06/29/02 12:08 AM
Murky buck-ups = merci beaucoup. Sorry. This is an old joke pfor me and I keep pforgetting that not everyone knows it. I'll try to be good in pfuture.

Posted By: wwh Re: Hi There - 06/29/02 12:12 AM
Sind Sie der Landvermesser?

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 06/29/02 12:18 AM
Nein, ich bin ein Zuschauer!

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Huh? There? - 06/29/02 01:12 AM
Please translate the German phrases above. The person known as Wordwind has informed me that she hates to miss a good joke here.

Bedlam regards,
WW's Nursie

Posted By: wwh Re: Huh? There? - 06/29/02 02:02 AM
Dear WW: I hesitate to suggest you should read Das Schloß auf Deutsch.

Posted By: FishonaBike Re: Hi There - 06/30/02 10:51 PM
Hi yourself, Pfranz

As you'll have noted, you don't need to go Capf in hand around here for long!

We used to have lots of helpful stuff for newbies, but afraid it's all been temporarily mislaid
However, milum has started a new thread in Information & Announcements The Wonderful World of Awadtalk - which should be worth following, especially if "golden oldies" keep reappearing. The wondrous TSUWM itself made an appearance on this plane recently (concerning Turkeys, I believe. Or was it blowsy women?).

If you're confused about any of this (and you probably should be ) just ask, either by Private Message (Send Message link) or by public Post, or for fun you could do a Search (nearest one, top right of screen) and see what turns up. This is quite a good way for all of us to rediscover past delights.

Anyway, sorry if this confuses rather than helps. All I really wanted to say was welcome, and Cheers!

Pfishonabike

Posted By: of troy Re: Hi There - 06/30/02 10:55 PM
yes, welcome Herr Pfranz, and do go see what has happened in Misc, the blowsy woman thread, Fishona, was kind enough to provide a description of me...

there are plenty of things happening here about.. don't waste all you time here in I & A

Posted By: dodyskin Re: Hi There - 07/01/02 04:15 PM
hi, pleased to meetcha

Posted By: Capfka Re: Hi There - 07/01/02 09:23 PM
Ja ja, I haf met a voman like dis in der New York bar. Vich von iss you, Liebchen?

- Pfranz
Posted By: of troy Re: Hi There - 07/01/02 10:11 PM
might have been, love, might have been.

one of my favorite walking tours of my home town, is one of all the historic bars.. Fraunces tavern, where G Washington sat down and had a drink, McSorleys, where Abe Linclon sat down and had a drink, the Ear, one of the older bars, on that never closed during prohibition.. the White Horse, where Brendan Behan sat down and had a drink.. and few other in between, all fine old places... a bit a history and bit of spirit.. it a grand way to see a city.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Hi There - 07/01/02 11:03 PM
a bit a history and bit of spirit.. ... and a bit of spiritus fermenti, as W. C. Fields would say

Posted By: wwh Re: Hi There - 07/01/02 11:49 PM
A spirit of contemptible blackmail still pervades these
pages in the person of Keiva, the unwelcome.

© Wordsmith.org