Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Keiva excess - 06/27/02 11:42 AM
Written Thursday morning:

There have be 52 posts excoriating me since Tuesday night at 9:30.¹

May I suggest that this is a tad excessive, and perhaps not good for the board?

-------------------------------------

¹Posts ##(in order) 74284; 74285; 74290; 74291; 74293; 74295; 74303; 74308; 74311; 74312; 74313; 74314; 74317; 74318; 74319; 74325; 74326; 74327; 74336; 74339; 74340; 74346; 74347; 74348; 74349; 74350; 74351; 74352; 74353; 74354; 74355; 74359; 74361; 74362; 74363; 74366; 74367; 74368; 74370; 74388; 74389; 74390; 74391; 74392; 74395; 74399; 74404; 74406; 74408; 74409; 74415; and 74432. Edit 6/27 at 9:53 AM: this count and list include only those through midnight of last night.

Posted By: Keiva Re: retraction called for - 06/27/02 11:44 AM
To Ms. of-troy, as to her post at http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=74368

In your post you accuse me of criminal behavior ("stalking").
(You also flay Angel simply for speaking with me.)

I respectfully request and suggest that you publicly retract that post and those accusations.

i suggest you go away, you are not wanted here.
You lie, you bully, you threaten and you stalk.

N.B. this thread was started with one of keiva's tricks read all about them here.
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73423&page=0

Keiva: you are not welcome to post anywhere in AWADtalk.

Posted By: Wordwind Stalking a new thread - 06/27/02 01:07 PM
Just thought it might be interesting, in the spirit of a station break, to take a look at some definitions:

Main Entry: 2stalk
Function: verb
Etymology: Middle English, from Old English bestealcian; akin to Old English stelan to steal -- more at STEAL
Date: 14th century
intransitive senses
1 : to pursue quarry or prey stealthily
2 : to walk stiffly or haughtily
transitive senses
1 : to pursue by stalking
2 : to go through (an area) in search of prey or quarry <stalk the woods for deer>
- stalk·er noun

Green's the honorary color here for king of the stalkers, Mr. Celery, who stalks with his head held high.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Stalking a new thread - 06/27/02 02:12 PM
In Dub-Dub's spirit, from bartleby (http://www.bartleby.com/61/89/S0698900.html):

stalk²
intansitive: .. 2. To move threateningly or menacingly.
transitive: ... 2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of obsession or derangement.

Posted By: wwh Re: Stalking a new thread - 06/27/02 02:33 PM
Kei;va: you are not welcome anywhere on AWADtalk.

Posted By: of troy Re: Stalking a new thread - 06/27/02 04:33 PM
No, Keiva, Dub-Dub is not your friend, and no matter how many times you use her name in a "friendly way" the truth is its just a trick...

See[/b[]
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73423

Go away, Keiva, you are not wanted here.

Posted By: Keiva Re: excess the next day (Thursday) - 06/28/02 04:31 AM
Thursday, 35 more posts excoriating me
Making 87 total in a bit over two days. Tends to drown out all discussion of more normal subjects.

¹##74432; 74439; 74442; 74444; 74459; 74460; 74461; 74462; 74463; 74466; 74467; 74470; 74474; 74476; 74477; 74478; 74479; 74480; 74482; 74484; 74489; 74491; 74494; 74495; 74505; 74506; 74507; 74516; 74517; 74518; 74520; 74522; 74523; 74525; and 74526

Posted By: inselpeter Re: excess the next day (Thursday) - 06/28/02 07:31 AM
48 more posts excoriating me!
342 more posts excoriating me!
1,252 more posts excoriating me!
I am the excoriant of all excoriants, the rantingest ravingest roilingest excoriant of them all. The excoriant of excoriants! The most of everything! I AM THE GREATEST!

You are. Take your honors with you. There's the door.

Go away, you are not only not wanted but despised here. If you were the gentleman that keeps hopping off your keyboard to announce himself, you would recognize the truly terrible harm you have done to certain people here and get lost. You are not unappreciated, you are fully appreciated. Go. Now.

Posted By: Wordwind Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 07:50 AM
Hi, of troy!

I want to set the record straight about the nature of friendship as I see it. I would have to say that I am a friend to Keiva. Not a close friend, but at least one who wishes him well, and I'm sincere in that wish.

However, I believe friends can have serious disagreements about conduct. I believe friends can do things that we believe are categorically wrong and injurious. I believe friends can even do things that make it impossible for a long, long while for our continuing what was once an exchange of humor and lightness. We can condemn the actions of friends, separate ourselves from them under dire circumstances, but, deep inside, still hope for their recovery.

What we have here is a horrible situation. I agree that Keiva is not welcome here and that he should find a new outlet for his more positive qualities. The place isn't here anymore. There are other waters for good fishing. The fish recognize his hooks here, and swim madly in the other direction.

I pity him and I pity the members here for having to put up with him. But I am his friend, and I must admit to that fact in spite of the fact that few would be able to understand from where that impulse comes.

Hoping you, of troy, might understand--and I think you will knowing you as I do.

Best regards,
WW

Posted By: of troy Re: excess the next day (Thursday) - 06/28/02 11:38 AM
You could, of course, go back to January of this year, and who knows, even before that, and find thread after thread that you have started with list after list after list of some petty slight that you perceived again and again..
it hardly compares to our paltry showing!

for months we have endured your threads full of complaints about the way we behave, and now finally we are all complainting about you.

since you don't like our behaviours, collectively, and you have single handedly driven away a score or more long time (18 months or more) people who post, and almost as many newly registrered people, and you are contstantly being told you are not welcome, why don't you just leave? your work is done here. he have nuked the board just as you said you would. go away. you are not wanted here

Posted By: Keiva Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 11:43 AM
not welcome here

What sort of conduct is not welcome here, friend?

I think you said it quite well in your lovely post, now deleted, asking that we eschew personal disagreements and personal attacks.

Posted By: wwh Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 12:23 PM
Keiva: we never had a flamewar until you started one and would not quit
You were justifiably banned, and used extortion to have ban lifted.
You will never be welcome here.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 12:47 PM
What sort of behavior is not welcome here?

Well, the very first thing that comes to mind is your almost maniacal keeping (and posting) of comments that lash out at you.

Second, the fact that you have invited me, at least, to argue with people publicly on board when you have deemed them in the wrong. You certainly respected my expressed wish not to argue on board myself. Still, your invitation to argue on board disturbed me. I saw no winners in such arguments.

Third, your refusal to accept the ban. I believe there is not a single person here, other than you Keiva, who would have insisted returning after such a ban.

I don't believe you have enough empathy, Keiva, to understand how your files on people's posts cause a group chill in our bones. This place is not a court of law, yet you appear to attempt to turn it into one. Again and again you demand proof. And each and every time you do so, I cringe. It's the fact of the demand that is disturbing.

You could have gotten off that horse on which you ride a long time ago, and all--all--would have been forgotten. There was a window of opportunity in which I would have believed, had you gotten off that horse, that you had learned a lesson in how we can get along here and learn to look the other way. Sure, everybody here has probably written something (or several things) that have been regretted during the reflective times, but you just never did. You appear always ready to fight, and, you use words so well, you seem to fight when using sweet words.

Oh, there's been a lot of good advice here. Would each of us have taken the good advice. Would you have taken it months ago. But now we are at this place. You, a single person who keeps files on us, you a single person who was kicked off the board, you a single person who ostensibly needs a great deal of attention, have caused many people to no longer visit here. The sacrifice of 30 odd members for one who was kicked out of the group seems too many to me.

I repeat: I would by far rather sacrifice my own posting on this board than to lose 30 voices, many of whom were here before I was.

Not a single person here, Keiva, has been able to show you that you went too far, even beyond the regrettable comments other members have made, my own included.

I don't keep files, but I do have memory of people who have written to you reasonably about why your presence is no longer welcome, yet you heed not a single one of those voices.

What sort of conduct is not welcome here? The keeping of files and habitually posting them; the refusal to accept Jackie's judgement, that you would no longer post; the refusal to leave the board when your posting here had been rejected; and, finally, the implied threat of taking someone to court if you were not readmitted to the board--that last source of your no longer being welcome is the one we have least information about, so you can throw it out the window if there is not a filament of basis to it.

And I really am your friend though I have had little influence over you to date to restore this place to one of general peace.

Again, I pity you in your ignorance, and I pity board members who cannot find heart to write here anymore, though I suppose people don't really give a lick about having anyone's pity.

WW

Posted By: inselpeter Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 02:13 PM
Dear Stasi,

I disagree with the opinion given in this thread that you use words well, unless, that is, to use words well is to make other people miserable. Apart from that, your style is as pompous and playless as your contributions here are vicious and mean -spirited.

Dear Stasi,

What happened to you a-way back when?

Dear Stasi,

Why don't you please go away and find out?

Posted By: ewein Post deleted by ewein - 06/28/02 02:28 PM
Posted By: Wordwind Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/28/02 07:26 PM
Dear ewein,

I in no way use the word "pity" to mean condescension. I use it exactly, precisely to import compassion. And I pity myself that I have felt the necessity of publicly addressing Keiva, but so much has been written publicly that I felt compelled to express that which troubles me here.

In the spirit of sincerity, I remain yours with best regards,
WW

Posted By: ewein Post deleted by ewein - 06/28/02 09:13 PM
Posted By: musick Duck Duck Goose - 06/28/02 10:30 PM
Not a single person here, Keiva, has been able to show you that you went too far, even beyond the regrettable comments other members have made, my own included.

"...the refusal to accept Jackie's judgement..."

The End.

Posted By: of troy so long, its been good to know you (not) - 06/28/02 11:07 PM
we could all move on

Oh yes please do...
how about saturn? or maybe pluto? i wouldn't mind if you left this solar system.

take dysfunctionality with you when you go..
have you left yet? Not that i want to hurry, you , but here's your hat..

Posted By: Keiva Re: excess the third day (Friday) - 06/29/02 02:04 PM
Continuing:

On Friday, 62 more posts excoriating me
Making 149 total in a bit over three days.

Again, tends to drown out all discussion of more normal subjects.

¹##74530; 74538; 74542; 74550; 74563; 74583; 74585; 74588; 74589; 74590; 74591; 74599; 74600; 74602; 74611; 74615; 74619; 74621; 74622; 74626; 74636; 74638; 74641; 74652; 74654; 74656; 74656; 74660; 74660; 74661; 74664; 74667; 74668; 74670; 74672; 74673; 74674; 74676; 74677; 74680; 74681; 74683; 74684; 74687; 74688; 74690; 74691; 74693; 74696; 74699; 74702; 74703; 74706; 74707; 74709; 74710; 74711; 74712; 74716; 74717; 74717; and 74720.

Posted By: of troy Re: excess the third day (Friday) - 06/29/02 02:17 PM
don't you just sometimes think the keiva identity is some sort of computer program? a program designed to cause strife?

it side steps truth, and just has these mechanical answers. and when ever the truth about its purpose becomes clear, its starts to count. programs are good at doing mechanical things like counting... and sure enough, here we are again with a count.. sub:count is running again..
to be followed by sub:limerick sub:bawdy to be followed by sub:Ogden Nash or by sub:add users name to post

i mean, i first called them tricks, but more and more, i am not sure there is a person behind the name.. just some bits of code, run in an endless loop
look at the tricks and see for your self
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73423

Posted By: wwh Re: excess the third day (Friday) - 06/29/02 02:50 PM
There is no need for itemization and addition.
Keiva's use of extortion to gain re-instatemtnt makes him
forever unwelcome here. No need to use any other words.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/29/02 02:53 PM
You are one of the good people here

Well, ewein...that statement is certainly judgemental and devisive. Won't you please, with the wisdom of your superior moral lordship over the population of this board, name the bad people for us then?

Posted By: wwh Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/29/02 02:57 PM
Dear WO'N: I think I know ewein better than you do. I admire her
and like her. She erred in the beginning, but has apologised more
than adequately. And let us stick to the point:
Keiva used extortion to gain re-instatement, and so is unwlecome
here.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/29/02 03:44 PM
ewein: "You are one of the good people here"
WO'N: that statement is certainly judgemental and devisive. Won't you please, with the wisdom of your superior moral lordship over the population of this board, name the bad people for us

I don't see anything wrong with calling someone good. But agreed that proclaiming or intimating that someone is i]"bad"would be "judgemental" and "divisive" and would smack of "superior moral lordship".

It's a universal principle of course, WO'N, not merely applicable to what ewein may say.

Posted By: wwh Re: Dub-Dub as Friend - 06/29/02 03:48 PM
Keiva used extortion to gain re-instatement from a justified
ban. He is therefore unwelcome in AWAdtalk.

Posted By: ewein Post deleted by ewein - 06/29/02 06:07 PM
Posted By: of troy Re: so long, its been good to know you (not) - 06/29/02 06:28 PM
oh good now we have to 2 votes... two utterly meaningless exercises..
ewein has already said 3 times, "this is my last post" and then after we votes, she gets to say it for a 4th time, and then will post again, and again.. and then when some one brings up the vote.. she'll change the subject...

my you are good student... you learn fast.. why any day now, you master all of keiva tricks!

Posted By: wwh Re: so long, its been good to know you (not) - 06/29/02 07:04 PM
Dear of troy: Leave ewein out of it. She deserves our consideration and sympathy.
Stick to the point. Too many words just confuse the issue.
Keiva used extortion, and is unwelcome here.

Posted By: of troy Re: so long, its been good to know you (not) - 06/29/02 07:50 PM
Nancy, aka ewein, hasn't changed a bit since this started, she came into a flame war, and she is helping to keep it going
For the newbies here, take it from experience--don't get involved in this flamewar; it is hopeless and frustrating. When I first came to this site, a very wise member, Tsuwm, told me to stay out of I&A and to enjoy the rest of the site. Unfortunately, I didn't listen to him. Please listen and stay with us. With a little luck, we'll get back to words soon. Nancy

Nancy is still in here fanning the flames. the problem is, Keiva, who was banned.. And yes, she publicly posted her plea, and oh, so, humble, she apologied.. and yet, she still defends keiva posting here.
oh she calls for peace, i can do that to!

Peace, peace... let there be peace.
but there will be no peace while KEIVA is here.

Oh yes, nancy claims, i am so sorry, i won't post here... and post she does...

oh yes, nancy is good and kind, and oh so wonderful, and somehow, this place, that functioned so well, is now disfunctional... and can't we just go on..

nancy claims to see both sides..hi i am nancy, i am keiva wife, when i joined, i told lies, pretended not to know keiva, but was total supportive of him, and now, i am impartial... you can trust what i say!

say it nancy-- Keiva was banned.. he forced his way back in by threats.. he is not wanted here... and don't follow up, with but we should let him stay anyway, and just ignore him... all of his insults, and sexual slurs, and his list, and his complaints that we don't operate by his rules..cause if we just would accept keiva, and let him lord over us, it would be fine.. if we just would knuckle under, why keiva's a pretty nice guy...

i was kind and open and honest with ewein. i was repaid by lies and deciet. i have no idea is she is nice or nasty, smart or stupid. i have no basis for believing anything she says.

this past weekend, 20 + strangers met. the first 24 hours, one thing got repeated over and over again... "you sound just like you post!"

we are not perfect, or pure, or saints. but we have had on this board, and evidenced by the meeting, a level of honesty. there were no surprizes, no lasting disagreements, no stress, no strain, rather there was a level of ease, congeniality, honesty, and joy.
the people who made this board that kind of place are gone.

keiva is here by threats. nancy started here with deciet.

i suspect they are just like they post..

Posted By: wwh Re: so long, its been good to know you (not) - 06/29/02 07:52 PM
Dear of troy: you are ranting.

I envy of troy her experience at Wordapalooza - it sounds divine. However, I think perhaps, since it was an invitation-only party, it might be best to stop mentioning it on the board, at least on the public part of the board....I drool at the mere thought of meeting some of the wonderful people here whom I have, to date, only met "virtually." Envy envy!

I vote, publicly, for ewein (Nancy) to stay. Which of us has been the steadfast voice of reason? we all fall down. It's which of us get back up again that matters. Keiva never has. ewein was not afraid to admit she was wrong, when she was; she is a genuine linguaphile; she is a brave and generous woman; she is intelligent, quick-witted and good-hearted. I firmly believe she operates from a place of integrity now, and that that is more truly who she is, than her earlier "deception" posting as ewein without revealing her true identity.

And Bill is absolutely right: Keiva is here only by extortion. He is that lowest of scum, a blackmailer. Unfortunately, there is something else at work here: the common wisdom on blackmailers is that you don't give in to them. Now we have ample proof of the sagacity of that common wisdom. Anu should never have allowed Keiva back on the board.

All that being said, Keiva is entirely the one to blame. He is that breed of person I most despise: someone who refuses to accept responsibility for his own behaviour. Such people ought to remember that while they may think that pointing the finger exonerates them from their wrongdoing,

a) there are three fingers pointing back at them, and
b) if they are always going to blame others for their own bad behaviour, they must never take the credit for their own good behaviour.

I have spoken!

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.
© Wordsmith.org