Wordsmith.org
Posted By: belMarduk Out of town for a while - 06/20/02 08:29 AM
Hi,

I'm starting a new thread because the other one is way gone.

I'll be away until Sunday. Have fun while I'm gone. Don't do anything toooo funny cause then I'll have missed it.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 01:23 AM
I too, as TEd noted, had said that I'd be away and not be posting for a few days. Hoping that you all had a wonderful weekend, as I did, and are now relaxed and refreshed.

Posted By: modestgoddess Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 01:43 AM
Go away, Keiva. You are not welcome here.

Let us go in peace to love and serve the board.
Posted By: of troy Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 02:20 AM
A version of Trick 2 Hoping that you all had a wonderful weekend, as I did, and are now relaxed and refreshed.

Yet his last post, before the weekend, was all afright, and he was busy contacting the police, afraid the words "you die!" constitute a death thread.. yes, definately trick 2, 'sleep on it'-- as if we would forget from yesterday till today that you were banned, and forced your way back in with threats. You are not wanted here. Go Away
you can't fool us. we know your tricks..

Posted By: wwh Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 01:34 PM
Keiva: you are not welcome in AWADtalk.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 05:58 PM
have to laugh, because the only person who has welcomed me to these forums is... you guessed it! your nemesis. and please don't tell me which trick number it is, I'll make my own judgements thank you.

Posted By: jmh Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:11 PM
>Hoping that you all had a wonderful weekend, as I did, and are now relaxed and refreshed.

I do not generally reply to your posts but I will make an exception here.

Funny, you didn't strike me as relaxed and refreshed when we last met. Left any restaurants in a hurry recently? The least you could have done would have been to say hello.

Posted By: wwh Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:15 PM
dear shrdlu: we need all the talent we can get. But so many tricks are being
played it is hard to tell genuine newcomers from wolves in lamb's clothing.

Keiva is still unwelcome here.

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:24 PM
well, I am a public school teacher, and I try very hard to start each day with each student as if we are starting brand new. some students make it very hard, but it at the least, shows that I respect them, because they are a human being. I will get burned, but then I have lost nothing, and the opportunity I gave them is still there, should things change for them.

Posted By: wwh Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:36 PM
Dear etaoin: Your bio does contain one bit of information that seems to prove
you bona fides. I had a half dozen teachers in my family, and admire the hardy
souls willing to bear the many negative aspects of teaching ungrateful children
of unappreciative parents. I was once a school physician, and had a parent
complain to me that the teacher was not teaching her brat good manners. I
had another outraged that I sent her child home because of scarlet fever,
and kept her from making a planed trip to Boston shopping. One of the things
I most regret is my having been so stupid I did not make the effort required
to thank the many teachers who helped me so much. I hope you may be
fortunate in that regard. You may have some interesting things to say in
the forum below "AWAD in schools". It has been very little used, because
we have only a couple teachers on the board. Belatedly, I welcome you.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:47 PM
"The least you could have done"

So sorry, jmh. The information I received was that that was not what you wished -- but when you're next in my area, it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you.

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:58 PM
The person known as Keiva, who recently posted on this thread, was banned for flaming. He forced his way back into this forum by implied threats of legal action against Anu Garg, the founder of AWAD. This same person has also been known to post under the names AphonicRants, KeivaCarpal.

Posted By: of troy Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 06:59 PM
what brought you to AWAD this week? and even more curious, why did you comment on this thread?

we have, unfortunately, had several flame wars, and one person was banned. several real newcomers couldn't understand why, since many of the post looked rather 'plain' but the flamer was being troublesome all the while.

and yes, children (and adults) can change.. but they have to want to. if someone is happy being destructive, well, they have no reason to change. and won't.

if you think we haven't tried, and waited and hoped for a possitive change.. well think again..

many former regulars will not post here while the one flamer does. He was banned, and he did force his way back onto the board by threatening Anu Garg, this information is available-- its just a few pages back.

You are, of course, free to judge for your self, and it could be that 40 or so people who independantly came to the same decision are all wrong.. but i don't think so

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 07:18 PM
You are right about making your own judgements etaoin.

Sadly, if people are reacting harshly it is because they have been hurt and made up their own minds too.

It is unfortunate that you happen to join us during a time of strife on the Board. I hope you do stay because there are some really nice people here.

Check out Wordplay, Q&P and those forums. There is usually a lot of fun stuff going on there so I'm sure you'll find them interesting.

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 07:48 PM
Keiva, please leave us alone...we only want the beloved refuge we all first found when we came to this board.

Posted By: inselpeter Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 07:49 PM
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73550&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

Posted By: inselpeter Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 07:51 PM
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73550&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5.

Posted By: of troy Re: Out of town for a while - 06/26/02 08:02 PM
Well obviously, i need to edit my little list of tricks..

i need to extend it beyond words, especially the trick about keiva best defence being a good offence.

my oh my, poor keiva post last week how he was quaking in fear, what with the death threat he was getting.. and what does he do? He travel some 300 miles to be with in 20 miles of somewhere he knew he was not welcomed.

Shall we talk about stalking? Are we just supposed to think you were in the neighborhood? Just what were you planning to do?

So sorry, jmh. The information I received was that that was not what you wished -- but when you're next in my area, it would be my distinct pleasure to meet you

Was that information recieved before or after you tucked you tail between you legs and snuck out, like the weasel you are? or is it just an other bold faced lie?

Mind you its true, its is a free country, and Keiva can go any where he wants. so tell us keiva, just what is it you wanted to do in the lansing area this past weekend? applying to be a member of the bar?, nah, could be, the state offices are closed on weekends. it seems pretty evident stalking is what you were up to. (not that i am accusing him, no, siree bob, i would do that.. i just want to comment-- how strange it is that this weekend of all weekends you somehow managed to find yourself in the Lansing, and meeting with one of the guest to Ann's house, while studiously avoiding an other. )

I heard second hand, that some one accused angel of being a spy.. and first hand from the person that made the accusation, that they were sorry.. and, now i have learned that they were right. Kim is a fallen angel.

Warning!! Not only does Keiva lie, and decieve, not only does he flame and use people, he stalks them. he is a preditor. he was banned, and forced his way back by threats. Go away keiva. you are not wanted here

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of town for a while - 06/27/02 01:30 AM
sorry for my slow response, we've been in the middle of a series of thunderstorms all afternoon and evening.
first, let me say thanks to all of you who have welcomed me, it's a refreshing change from the negativity that is so apparent here. a list that I'm on is now in the middle of a heated partisan debate about the constitutionality of the Pledge of Allegiance here in the States. and these are graphic artists. ;¬) "love is in the air...."
secondly, let me say what I've been trying not to, and that is the continued references to the recent events make it hard for a newcomer to see anything else. no matter which thread I pick up, it's there. I'm sure you've tried the ignoring strategy, and the make fun of it strategy, and all the strategies you could possibly think of, and none of them work; but to keep people here, I would say it's time to give up. say nothing. start fun and interesting threads, like, no one ever responded to what someone is called if they practice too much... not that I ever did, but I did learn to read the lines and spaces, and know what they mean...
anyway, thirdly, or where-ever I am right now, this word business is cool stuff, let's get on with it.

Posted By: wwh Re: Out of town for a while - 06/27/02 01:41 AM
A couple mile long URLs made screen go wide, which is annoying.
To make a short URL, use URL below. In the search box that appears use copy,edit,,,copy, paste
to put long URL into the box provided. Wait a few seconds, and a new short URL appears, which
accesses site of the long one.

http://makeashorterlink.com/about.php

Posted By: Buffalo Shrdlu Re: Out of town for a while - 06/27/02 01:48 AM
I had read that one before, it's good advice.

Posted By: wordcrazy A breath of fresh air - 06/27/02 02:33 AM
...but to keep people here, I would say it's time to give up. say nothing. start fun and interesting threads, like, no one ever responded to what someone is called if they practice too much... not that I ever did, but I did learn to read the lines and spaces, and know what they mean...
anyway, thirdly, or where-ever I am right now, this word business is cool stuff, let's get on with it.

etaoin,
A very warm welcome to you and your sincere plea for moving on. I hope those kindred spirits will come out and keep this a congenial place for everyone with no exception.

Posted By: stales Re: Out of town for a while - 06/27/02 01:06 PM
Well said wwh - and a belated welcome also from me etaoin!

stales

(BTW, how on earth do you pronounce your nick?)

Posted By: ewein Post deleted by ewein - 06/27/02 02:26 PM
Posted By: of troy Re: 2 sides of the story - 06/27/02 02:52 PM
RE:After Keiva was banned a specific time period for the ban was never specified, and, in fact, the board was never made aware of the ban, except by me, he did reappear as AphonicRants.

what ewein forgot to mention was
1-AphonicRants is a mocking anagram of an oldtimes on-line name, and is rude.

2-AphonicRants appeared and started posting before Keiva was banned.

3-Keiva has other sock puppets.. and in the past has had allies in using them.

4- and curriously enough, everytime we have real hard irrefutable evidence of Keiva's lies and deceit, we also have a flood of new users, who just registered, who flood the board saying how wonderful Keiva is, make one word post, and go away, never to be seen again. Mind you, i m not saying they are all his sock puppets, but at least 5 new users registered on Monday (Angel got home monday didn't she?-- and how about Keiva, he was away for the weekend, but he was home monday, right?) and all jumped right in and became arch supporters of Keiva. Mind you, i am just commenting..

Posted By: stales Re: 2 sides of the story - 06/27/02 03:19 PM
Nancy

I trust this post is insufficiently long to be thought presumptuous.

Both you and Ken must be aware that, even after months of watching the ructions at this site, I have held back from making any contribution - either way.

It's with heavy heart that I advise that I cannot sit here and let a couple of items in your post go past - and I've even managed to wangle a word theme out of it to try to justify it to myself.

To start with, I refer to your white text regarding a "specific time period for the ban". My dictionary tells me that a ban is "a sentence of banishment, a denunciation and a prohibition". Banishment itself is defined as "condemned to exile, to drive away, to expel". Nowhere in any of these definitions do I sense a time component to the sentence of banishment. At risk of being incorrect, I suggest that without the aid of a dictionary most people would also see a banishment as a permanent sentence. Following this logic can you not accept that the banishment of Keiva WAS a permanent sentence?

My second point is one upon which I will happily stand corrected....don't I recall Jackie posting (as the Administrator) that Keiva had been banned for persistent inflammatory posting? I don't recall you drawing this out of her but, if so, I apologise.

After months of silence, I'd like to offer a comment - in the form of a query. I'd just like to know what sort of person wants to hang around a place where they are patently unwanted by (it would seem) so many people (let's say 40 - a healthy chunk of the former regular contributors to this Board anyway). Ken's continued presence is not doing anyone any good and it must be putting a strain on your relationship - so why does it persist? Why does he stick pins himself by putting up with this? And as for taking a trip almost to the site of the Wordapalooza venue and keeping an ear on proceedings through a third party....well I'm left speechless and very dissapointed. The Ken that I sent the book to was not that person - was he? (BTW has it arrived yet? - believe me, I did send it).

I learned a very tough lesson some years ago which challenged a core belief of mine. I learned that you can't please all the people all the time, no matter how wrong they you think they may be and no matter how hard you try to make them. I also know from tragic personal experience that that life is too short to surround oneself with negative experiences. Life is a gift that can be snatched away without notice.

Ken, as the gentleman you once said I was, I implore you to leave this place. I respect your intellect and wit and know that it will be received warmly somewhere else, away from this hostility. I even offer to meet with you at that place and together share the joy of words again.

stales

Posted By: Keiva Re: 2 sides of the story - 06/27/02 03:27 PM
Roger, a most lovely note of yours. To be discussed privately, if you would be so good.

Posted By: wwh Re: 2 sides of the story - 06/27/02 03:30 PM
Keiva: you are unwelcome to post anywhere in AWADtalk.

Posted By: of troy Re: 2 sides of the story - 06/27/02 04:19 PM
discuss? what is to discuss? you lied. you were banned.
you forced you way back in with threats. you stalk.
you are not wanted here for all these reasons and others.
go away

this is just a trick... "let's discuss it"
See
http://wordsmith.org/board/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=73423

Posted By: ewein Post deleted by ewein - 06/27/02 06:19 PM
Posted By: musick Broken records... - 06/27/02 07:28 PM
... I did not want him to make that trip. However, I found the outcries rather amusing ("stalking") since the same people making those accusations were the ones who laughed at us for being worried about belligerentyouth's threat...

ewein - It is very sad that you (as you said "us") have also come to the conclusion that a threat was made. However, I do thank you for and applaud your honesty.

© Wordsmith.org