Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 06/09/02 01:46 PM
I'm in.

with further agreement to make WW the moderator. WW, if you feel that I "goof" during this period, let me know by PM or e-mail, and I pledge to modify or delete accordingly.

Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 06/09/02 01:58 PM
Sorry I was unclear there, Dub-Dub. I wasn't trying to burden you with general "moderator responsibilities". Just saying that as to me: for this period, if you tell me privately that I goofed, I'll accept that and act correctively on it.

Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 06/09/02 02:05 PM
WW, I like your idea. As for my making a good moderator, well, I'm in the same leaky boat as you when it comes to organization and computer literacy, so it wouldn't work. Let's just police ourselves and see how it goes.

Since some have posted under alternate names lately, shall we call you Olive Branch?

Posted By: musick The breath of salesman - 06/09/02 02:36 PM
Long, long time ago my brother (RIP) and I were playing "hide and seek". I found him in a corner with his hands over his eyes. He thought that because none could see him, he was in hiding.

-----------

I'm choosing to ignore this thread!

Word, (may I call you Word?)

It looks like this effort was rather ill-timed, coming just before Jackie's latest bombshell.

And I fear that I was not as explicit as I might have been in denouncing certain people in the Commemorative thread.
So, with apologies to you, Word:

Damn you Keiva.

(Perhaps we could all agree on that.)

snoot
Posted By: wow Re: 2-Week Moratorium on Personal Disagreements - 06/10/02 05:14 PM
Good manners for two weeks should be no challenge!

May the Great Intelligence Of The Universes bless your endeavours.

wow (High Priestess)

Posted By: SilkMuse Post deleted by SilkMuse - 06/10/02 06:42 PM
Thank you silky, I had some trouble my self with the idea of a single person appointing a moderator, of their choosing, i thought of the old line from one of the English royalty, that warned it's a bad thing to give Parlament the power to Make Kings, for then they also have the power to unmake kings..and when WordWind demured, she wasn't really listened to, publicly, so i wondered how effective she would be privately.

Likewise, there have been some very nasty email, and harranging activities via email (and months ago, i admit, i made that mistake once or twice, and have worked hard to reform.)

and finally, of course, there is in fact, an administrator, tho, she is powerless to take action (still) and even her appeals for volluntery actions have gone ignored-- So how some one else can accomplish what Jackie has clearly been unable to do, is beyond me.

(so much so, i had trouble articulating it.)

Hey, listen guys. I never said I wanted to be an administrator at all. And I don't want to be an administrator. We need to govern ourselves. The only thing I said I'd do was send Keiva a PM when he crossed the line, but I can't do that either. I've done what I can, and, until a new idea hits me--and it probably won't because I feel pretty dry here--I'm just going to hope that things will get better, plain and simple.

No, I don't see any need for anyone to administrate. I do see a hope for each of us to take care of ourselves. I know I, for one, have my hands full here in doing so.

Best regards,
Theresa

Posted By: SilkMuse Post deleted by SilkMuse - 06/10/02 07:56 PM
Posted By: Wordwind Post deleted by Wordwind - 06/10/02 08:36 PM
...were you to call me "Your Royal Highness" or "Your Majesty," I might change my mind! ...and I am really kidding!

Don't laugh - isn't that the kind of thing where tsuwm got his nom from? :-)

NOW....Wait a minute here!

wow is our High Priestess

and wordwind wants to be "Your Royal Highness" or "Your Majesty"

I didn't know I was amid royalty! What a wonderful place this is!

And wofahulicodoc, can you tell me where tsuwm got his nom from?

The Angelic one Oooooooo! I like that!

Posted By: wofahulicodoc nomenclature - 06/10/02 11:49 PM
...can you tell me where twuwm got his nom?

it's explained in
http://wordsmith.org/board/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=miscellany&Number=500
and goes something like this:

"...as to tsuwm, it comes from my webpage (see profile). I was once simply wm (wwftd master), but the day the wwftd was atman I became the supreme universal Wwftd Master!
(tsuwm is also a Hebrew word meaning to fast)"

(Wwftd stands for "Worthless word for the day", the title of his webpage.)

Maybe the next question should be, What is "atman"?

Posted By: Robert Payne Administration - 06/11/02 01:11 AM
Speaking of administration - have y'all seen this?

SCIENTISTS DISCOVER NEW ELEMENT!

University physicists have recently discovered the heaviest element known to science. The element, tentatively named Administratium, has no protons or electrons and thus has an atomic number of 0. However, it does have one neutron, 15 assistant neutrons, 70 vice-neutrons, and 161 assistant vice-neutrons. This gives it an atomic mess (sic) of 247. These 247 particles are held together in the nucleus by a force that involves the continuous exchange of meson-like particles called morons. Since it has no electrons, Administratium is inert. However, it can be detected chemically as it impedes every reaction with which it comes in contact. According to the discoverers, a minute amount of Administratium added to one reaction caused it to take over four days to complete. Without the Administratium the reaction occurred in less than one second.
Administratium has a normal half-life of approximately three years, at which time it does not actually decay, but instead undergoes a reorganization in which assistant neutrons, vice neutrons, and assistant vice neutrons exchange places. Studies seem to show the atomic number actually increasing after each reorganization.
Research indicates that Administratium occurs naturally in the atmosphere. It tends to concentrate in certain locations such as government agencies, large corporations, and universities. It can usually be found in the newest, best appointed, and best maintained buildings.
Scientists warn that Administratium is known to be toxic, and recommend plenty of fluids and bed rest after even low levels of exposure.

Posted By: SilkMuse Post deleted by SilkMuse - 06/12/02 06:19 PM
© Wordsmith.org