Wordsmith.org
Posted By: Bingley NY explosion - 04/26/02 12:53 AM
Come in, of troy and inselpeter. Are you both safe?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/020425/80/cxoe7.html

Bingley
Posted By: Jackie Re: NY explosion - 04/26/02 01:05 AM
Just got this off Fox News (internet): ...Chemicals stored in the basement by a sign company were a possible cause of the explosion,...
This doesn't sound like where either Helen or insel work.
Let us hope. Most distressing for New Yorkers, no doubt.

Posted By: wwh Re: NY explosion - 04/26/02 01:29 AM
I saw report use of volatile solvents thought cause. Official statement no terrorist involvement suspected.

Posted By: of troy Re: NY explosion - 04/26/02 12:15 PM
thanks for your concern-- far away from both home and work for both Insel and I --

For work, the closest reference is City Hall.. (a block away)-- for home-- east of LaGuardia airport. or the throgg neck bridge.. (3 miles away)

Insel-- a close home reference would be the holland tunnel..i don't know exactly where he lives, but its a good reference point.. (and anything happening to the tunnel would make the news.) for work-- The Main NY library/bryant park area.. (about 42nd street) -- 42nd street is about 3 miles long.. one end is UN, the other is Jacob Javitz Center(exposition/convention site) Library is in middle of 42nd street--) -- so anything happening say at UN, would cause traffic disruptions, but would be so far away, insel would most likely not be directly effected-- even though both are on 42nd St.

NY is like London, a physically big city.. i am about 1.5 --1.8 miles from 19th street-- and while it was scary, fact is, things blow up all the time in the city.. for most of us, the first reactions to the first plane was, it is a horrible accident.. after a plane had plowed into upper floors of Empire state building.. it was not out side our way of thinking..

© Wordsmith.org