Wordsmith.org
Posted By: wow Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/22/02 02:07 PM
The other thread was up to 99 so here's a nice fresh one!

If you would like to be added to, or removed from the list please send me (wow) a Private Message and *please* include your screen name and the date.
Do not post your request within the thread as I will probably miss it!
Thank you, Aloha

JANUARY

? Annastrophic
11 Alex Williams

FEBRUARY

3 Hyla
3 Shoshannah
9 Shanks
13 Emanuela
18 doc_comfort
19 boronia
24 Belligerentyouth

MARCH

2 MFA
4 wofahulicodoc
9 Ted Remington
9 Jackie
12 Angel
22 Inselpeter
27 slithy toves
29 Fiberbabe

APRIL

5 Wordsmith
10 bridget96
10 That'sPunny
11 PaulB
18 Flatlander
20 Bobyoungbalt
22 hedonist
24 Jazzoctopus
26 stales

MAY

1 Scribbler
1 of troy
4 cameron
7 wordcrazy
11 Rouspeteur
12 Rapunzel
16 Marianna
22 Musick

JUNE

22 satin
24 rodward
27 modestgoddess

JULY

5 Faldage
21 Lusy

AUGUST

12 nancyk
23 Rubrick
25 Capital Kiwi
25 WordWind

SEPTEMBER

2 des
11 jimthedog
15 ladymoon
26 wwh
29 Bingley

OCTOBER

5 BelMarduk
5 Alexis
19 squid
20 Seian
20 duncan_large
23 carol
25 consuelo
28 Geoff
29 Sparteye

NOVEMBER

9th 3.14159265
21 Avy

DECEMBER

13 Maverick
21 Juanmaria
27 WhitmanO'Neill
29 Xara

Posted By: consuelo Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/22/02 07:39 PM
Happy birthday hedonist, wherever he-done-is. Anyone know?

Posted By: maverick Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/22/02 09:53 PM
A belated HB to Flats and BobY! (for some reason my browser still declines to open a few seemingly random threads, including the last one of these fellers)

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/22/02 10:35 PM
Don't know where you are, hedonist, but hope you're livin' in up hedonistically on your birthday.

Birthday regards,
Wordwind

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 09:56 AM
Happy Birthday, Keiva, my dear. I hope it is a good one.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 11:18 AM
Happiest day, Keiva! If your cake is devil's food, puh-lease send me a piece o'it!

A wordwind to blow out those many candles for you!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 02:37 PM
just wanted to pop in to wish a VERY Happy Birthday to one of my favorite AWADers, who has failed to put her name on the list ~ hope your special day is as sweet and bright as you are =)
Posted By: boronia Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 03:31 PM
Happy birthday wishes to Keiva!

And let's not forget Shakespeare, who should be an honorary AWADer! (Not quite sure which birthday this'd be for him -- maybe 428th?)

Posted By: milum Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 06:27 PM
Synchronicity - You can't escape it. I bet not in a thousand years would Shakespeare have thought that he would have been born on Keiva's birthday.

But rather than quoting Shakespeare in honor of your birthday I was gonna recite Carl Sandburg's poem Chicago -city of the big shoulders, but I couldn't find it. The only poem I could find by Carl Sandburg was The Lawyers Know Too Much, you know, the one with the rude refrain, tell me why a hearse horse snickers when he hauls a lawyers bones. So instead I searched the google for the meaning of your adopted name...

Keiva:
Your first name of Keiva has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked , happy birthday Keiva.

I concur, >>HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEIVA<< I just sat down a empty glass in your honor.

Posted By: Keiva Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 07:07 PM
Dear milum,
And who do you think emptied that glass? [burp -e]

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 08:13 PM
Keiva and Milum:

An empty glass of what, I ask you, Milum in particular 'cause I've asked a lot before?????

Fill in the blank--it's easy! _________________________

Bottled regards,
Wordwoozy

Posted By: maverick Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/23/02 09:29 PM
to wish a VERY Happy Birthday to one of my favorite AWADers

IndeedŽ - they shoulda been here for all the swell sounds of birthday greetings =) happy birthday!

Posted By: Angel Happy Birthday, my friend - 04/24/02 12:11 AM
Keiva, I hope your day was filled with the love of your family. I celebrated your birthday loving my new granddaughter. You were with us in spirit, my friend.

Posted By: consuelo Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 10:18 AM
Good morning Jazzo and oh! Happy Birthday! I hope you have a birthday to remember. Does that sound right? Hmmmmm.[hand on chin-e] Well, have a wunnerful, wunnerful day!
Connie

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 10:35 AM
Jazzed-up birthday greetings to you, Jazzo! And a blossom to smell in each of your eight hands.

Birthday regards,
Wordwind

Posted By: maverick Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 11:48 AM
Have a great time, Jazzo, and (despite the midnight studies) make it a great year!

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 02:52 PM
A very happy birthday to you Jazz. Eat, drink (milk) and be merry for tomorrow are exams (I'm assuming you are on the same schedule as the University folks here).

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 03:50 PM
Happicus Birthdicus, Jazzoctopus!

(yes, i know my latin is cause for envy... bring it on)

Posted By: satin Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 06:12 PM
Jazzo,

Hope your birthday is one of your best ever. Cheers!

P.S. Happy belated birthday to all that I have missed sending birthday greetings to this month.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 08:03 PM
Happy Birthday, Jazzo, as your first year of college is winding down. Hope you had to time to celebrate!

Posted By: nancyk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/24/02 09:17 PM
Happy Birthday, Jazzo! Hope finals aren't precluding a proper celebration - can't study all the time, ya know. (But promise you won't tell my U of M son I said that!)

nk

Posted By: Angel Happy Birthday - 04/24/02 10:15 PM
Happy Birthday Jazz. I hope you celebrated well!

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/25/02 01:25 AM
My best wishes also, Jazzo. I look forward to spending another year in your company here.

Posted By: Jazzoctopus Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/25/02 01:40 AM
Thank you all for the greetings. I've actually managed to have a very good day despite the amount of work I've had to do. Fortunately, I don't have exams this week. I guess it may be mid-term, but none of my classes have a test. I do have an art history one next week, but that's not something to worry about right now.

As far as celebrations go, I went out to lunch and ice cream (Graeter's) with my dad. He works in the medical research part of the campus, so it's not exactly a big ordeal. The rest of my birthday is being delayed until Friday evening, when the rest of my family will be taking me to dinner. And then I get to go to Columbus, Indiana on Saturday to study the architecture with my class.

One nice thing that I didn't plan was a fascinating architecture lecture this afternoon. It didn't really have much to do with architecture, though. The speaker mainly talked about the evolution of the eye, reading at a glance, and music, but all that is a matter for another thread. Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear the very end because I had my human diversity class at 6:00, but in that we had a great discussion about what qualifies a being as human. Now I'm watching the Amazing Race.

A very nice day, considering. Thanks all.

Posted By: milum Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/25/02 02:32 AM
A BIRTHDAY POEM

Happy Birthday to Jazzoctopus
The only rhyme I found
Was Duck-billed platypus
At least you're not twos or threes
I know no rhyme for Jazzoctopusies.

<HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAZZO>
- GET A JOB -

Posted By: Keiva Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/25/02 04:13 AM
HAPPY BIITHDAY, JAZZO!!!!!

Figured you'd be out collegially carousing earier, but perhaps now you'll be back to see this. Hope you celebrated to memorable excess!

Posted By: consuelo Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 02:26 AM
Stales, it's your birthday today [Oz time, where today is tomorrow] and please allow me to be the first here to congratulate you on yet another year on the blue marble. I hope it was a good one and your head doesn't hurt too badly in the morning.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 03:04 AM
Happy Birthday, sweet stales! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! I'm so glad you're here!

Posted By: Anonymous Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 04:05 PM
Happy birth anniversary to you, stales!!

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 04:51 PM
Happy birthday stales. Best of wishes to you today, and in the year ahead.

Posted By: nancyk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 06:07 PM
Dear Stales-
Many felicitations and good wishes for the year ahead!

nk

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 07:01 PM
(Time to pull out the rainbows again)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Stales!

And a belated Happy Birthday to you too, Jazzo!

Posted By: Keiva Re: thank you to all. - 04/26/02 07:12 PM
All thanks to you for your warm birthday wishes.

My wife and I spent a marvelous afternoon strolling though a show of the superb work of Dale Chihuly, the leading pioneer in today's development of glass as a fine art. The show's venue is particularly striking, for the works are not displayed standing alone: they play off of a naturalistical setting amid the plants in Chicago's conservatory in Garfield Park.

It is truely a stunning exhibit, which I'd highly recommend to anyone visiting our city.

To view a few of the works in situ, see the conservatory' site at http://www.garfield-conservatory.org/index.html, and then click to "Chihuly in the Park". For far more, run though the various sub-pages of Chihuly's site at
http://www.chihuly.com/installations/garfield

By odd circumstance, this visit leads to a new word-thread in Q&A.

Posted By: of troy Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 07:13 PM
No Post of your's to respond to.. so i'll just tag it on at the end..

Its late enough now, that you'll read this tomorrow, -- and i hope this day is a bright, and joy filled as yesterday, an only half a wonderful as all your tomorrows.. and or years to come!

helen

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 08:34 PM
Stales, mate, hoping you've had the best of birthdays. (And didn't have to spend it crawling around in a hole underground, or frying in some gravel pit.)

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/26/02 10:10 PM
Ah, Stales, would have wished you a happy day early this morning but my laptop crashed for the THIRD time in seven months!!!!!!

Anyway, I hope your day--and you're probably asleep--was filled with good wishes and at least one memorable adventure. I'm awfully thankful you're one of us here--and glad you came into this world, oh, so long ago!

Happy birthday,
WordWisecracker

Posted By: milum Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/27/02 01:24 AM
A Tip of the Hat, a Toss of a drink, from the Top of the World to a Mate Down Under.

May the coming year be your best and may you find diamonds and dinosaur bones in the same outcrop.

_______ ^^^^^ HAPPY BIRTHDAY STALES^^^^^ _______

Posted By: stales Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/27/02 02:19 PM
To all that sent their regards - deep and sincere thanks.

Must now say night night....

I've finished my milk and digestive biscuits, put my teef in the glash by the bed and nursh ish now here to tuck me in. I'm looking forward to sheeing the man with the performing dog when he vishitsh ush here at the Twilight Home tomorrow.........

shtalesh

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Performing dog - 04/27/02 02:56 PM
Stales, you wrote:

I'm looking forward to sheeing the man with the performing dog when he vishitsh ush here at the Twilight Home tomorrow.........

Is that performing dog's name Figgum by any chance? If so, I hear he's a ball of fire on the performance circuit!

Posted By: musick Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/30/02 08:33 PM
A glass of my favorite frosty beverage will I raise at midnight to the "face that keeps launching ships"...

... and to our honorable 'Scribbler', whose *scribblings are notoriously missed!

Cheers

(... and a belated Happy Birthday to all who had one since I last posted here!)

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 04/30/02 09:10 PM
A little early I admit, but I am out to dinner tomorrow and may not be in until late

Happy Birthday Scribbler wherever you are.

and Helen,

Have a terrific day tomorrow. Consider yourself birthday-hugged all day.

Posted By: maverick Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 01:37 AM
Scribbler, loan us some sonorous words if you will, and celebrate your birthday with some style.

Helen, may you launch a thousand dreams upon the floods this day, and may your barques and brigantines bring bounty back within the harbour of your arms.

Happy birthday, both.

Posted By: consuelo Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 01:54 AM
To Helen on the anniversary of her birth
May all you do bring you joy and mirth
These are my wishes
Partake of all dishes
And party for all you are worth!

For Scribbler who is no longer visible
Your absence has become something quizzable
We give you all our best wishes
And send you our fondest smoochkishes
May your birthday be delightfully dazzle-able

Posted By: AnnaStrophic Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 12:29 PM
Helen,

I can't top connie's limerick, so I won't even try.

Happy birthday, girlfriend.

Posted By: Wordwind Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 01:04 PM
No more befitting day could have been the one for your entrance into this world breaking out of its chills and shivers into full spring than May 1st, the outrageous, lusty month and our Helen, stepping boldly and lustily, too, into spring just propogating itself everywhere we look and Helen, just enjoying every animated love scene she sees, and taking it all down in her sweet head that has launched at least a thousand ideas here on this board, not to mention the ships of lore that went to war. Ah, would be fun just to continue to run-on...

But, Helen, happy birthday! I cannot think of a better day than the first of May that could have opened its bright doors to your entrance here. Hope you have a succulent feast to celebrate the occasion and a huge devil's food cake with homemade fudge icing, and a little left over of the devil's food cake to send to DubDub...not that I'm begging or anything...

Birthday regards,
Wordwind

Posted By: slithy toves Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 01:37 PM
Wishing you a frabjous day, Helen. Had I the opportunity, I would drop by for some festive gyring and gimbling.

slithy

Posted By: stales Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 02:02 PM
Happy Birthday Helen!

Another Taurean! Man, we're gonna rule the world!

stales

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 04:18 PM
Sincere wishes for a very happy day to you, Helen!

And, scribbler, how you are missed!

Posted By: Angel Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 06:14 PM
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Helen (of troy),
Happy Birthday to you!

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/01/02 06:20 PM
Helen! Have a birthday worthy of the glorious City of Troy and the glorious City of New York!!! Man, that oughtta be quite a party, huh?!!

The Only WO'N!
Posted By: nancyk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/02/02 11:42 PM
Always a day late and a dollar short ! Hope your birthday was one of the best ever, Helen. Celebrate as if it were a multi-day festival!

nk

Posted By: jmh Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/03/02 05:49 AM
Happy Birthday Helen

Sorry I missed the big day - I hope you did something enjoyable.

Posted By: Bobyoungbalt Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/04/02 01:52 AM
I have to join the despicable ranks of the belated. I really should read this thread more often so I'm not always missing birthdays. Anyway, Helen, very best wishes for a wonderful year and always.

Posted By: milum Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/04/02 03:31 AM
Oh of Troy, Thank Heaven I'm back in belated time to wish you a birthday. The birthdays that you have undergone before
have made you into the bright, delightful, person that we enjoy today.

________*HAPPY BIRTHDAY,* HELEN --

Posted By: doc_comfort Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/06/02 04:31 AM
Happy Birthday Helen

Let's not forget last night,
(Yeah) how we drove along the Yarra,
How we sang harmonies to Carole King.
These three years now just gone,
They are the legends of my mind,
We both kneel at these rocks and drink of the memories

You are the tunes in my head,
The fire in my ribs, .
You are the voice in my heart that whispers compassion
Happy Bithday Helen.

We kissed on that bridge that fell down
While we held hands at the Taj,
We've been stuck in a cave with that bloke who says 'Oi Am',
And when I cried for my cruel heart,
You rubbed my back 'til I felt better,
We ate bread on the lake and yearned for the seasons.

The fire in my ribs, .
Happy Bithday Helen.

The fire in my ribs,
You are the storm on the ocean,
The poems in the trees,
The smell of the winter that haunts me each Autumn
My everything
You are my everything .
You are my everything

Happy Birthday Helen

- Things of Stone and Wood

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/07/02 01:22 PM
Happy Birthday, Dearest wordcrazy! I know that grandbaby is precious, but won't you find SOME time for us, please?

Posted By: wordcrazy Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/09/02 12:56 AM
Jackie, thanks so much for remembering. I had a heavenly day and your warm greetings surely added to its heavenliness. I will be joining you as soon as I can.

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/11/02 02:12 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dear Rouspeteur! A grand day to you, and many many more.

Posted By: Angel Happy Birthday! - 05/11/02 06:10 PM
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Rouspeteur,
Happy Birthday to you!

Posted By: Jackie Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/14/02 12:09 AM
AUGH! Rapunzel, my dear, I am SO sorry! I got all caught up in Mother's Day, and another matter. I hope you had a good day, and that you will accept my belated Happy Birthday. (Oh, I hate it when I do stuff like this!)

Posted By: consuelo Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/14/02 09:52 AM
Happy belated birthdays to all whose birthdays I have missed. I have been away from the board in happy compliance to my wood nymph duties. The morels are out an' I'm after 'em. I think I caught a glimpse of Pan............sorry, gotta go check that out.

Posted By: TEd Remington Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/14/02 06:57 PM
So what's the story of the morels?

Posted By: Rapunzel Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 05/14/02 07:46 PM
I hope you had a good day, and that you will accept my belated Happy Birthday.

I had a very nice day-- thanks for asking. I hope you had a great Mother's Day too!

Posted By: consuelo For my first AWAD friend - 05/22/02 04:00 AM
Feliz cumpleaņos, mi amigo, y porque no Yago Sangria to you, too! I hope your birthday is as great as my last one was. Enjoy the morels. Don't leave them in the refrigerator too long, the sooner you eat them the better.
CC

Posted By: satin Re: For my first AWAD friend - 05/22/02 12:32 PM
(Even the title fits me too.)

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday little brother
Happy birthday to you.

See you tomorrow, I can't wait!

Ah, the sound of stirring birthday musick rustling through the pines (or shaking the chandeliers? ) 'Tis only another year, so who's counting? Enjoy the celebration at hand, Keven, with a dose of my friendly cheer! And, remember, musick is timeless...

And, remember, musick is timeless...

I'll drink to that!

Happy birthday, Keven. Just this once, I don't mind if you indulge in a little dodecophonia (I mean, somebody has to do it... )

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear musick,
Happy Birthday to you!

Posted By: belMarduk Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 06/07/02 10:06 PM
;;

Posted By: Keiva Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 06/26/02 04:21 AM
Modestgoddess, I've had the pleasure of congratulating you on other milestones, and now it's good to be able to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

mutter-mutter... I stayed up past midnight for this, and now I see I jumped the gun by a day. oops -e]
Posted By: wwh Re: Birthdays Vol. 6/ begun April 22 - 06/26/02 07:07 PM
Keiva is unwelcome to post in AWADtalk.