Wordsmith.org
Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill R. I. P. Chuck Jones--cartoonist - 03/01/02 06:12 AM
This past weekend we lost Chuck Jones, creator and director of some of the most beloved Warner Brothers cartoons and characters, among them Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, The Roadrunner & Wiley E. Coyote, Porky Pig, Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, Sylvester and Tweetie Pie, and, last but not least, Tas the Tasmanian Devil!
Thanks for all the smiles and laughter, Chuck! What more can I say? Okay, okay...so ya know we hafta do it here, right?....take it away, Porky!....

"th-th-th-th-th-th-th-That's all, folks!"

Posted By: Max Quordlepleen . - 03/01/02 06:51 AM
Posted By: Fiberbabe That's all folks - 03/01/02 11:33 AM
Actually, that's already someone *else's* epitaph... Mel Blanc's

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=100

Posted By: Capital Kiwi Re: R. I. P. Chuck Jones--cartoonist - 03/01/02 12:23 PM
Here's a tribute from a fellow cartoonist

Nice of them to let the coyote finally get the last word in ...

How is the Acme company going to make up for the devastating effects on its profits that Jones' death will have?

Posted By: WhitmanO'Neill Re: That's all folks - 03/01/02 02:05 PM
Sure, Mel was the Voice of Porky, Bugs, and all the others, and I loved the guy. Sad day for me when he passed. I have that heart-rending poster that says, "That's All Folks," with all his cartoon characters standing in silence with their heads bowed. That's what I thought your link was going to be, never realized it was his actual epitaph as well. Thanks. But since Chuck created the characters that Mel gave voice to, and this is a memorial tribute, I think he's entitled to share it for the moment...I'm sure Mel wouldn't mind.

"Ehhhhh...What's up, Doc?"

© Wordsmith.org